+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Registered Member
    Member No: 6581 jtp is an unknown quantity at this point jtp's Avatar

Yes | No

SO HERE'S THE ISSUE!!!!!!!!

JUST AS I EXPECTED!

However, since you’ve declined to answer my repeated questions in the recent past about Zfest, I’m not sure what would be the point now.

So, you DO have some perceived axe to grind with the ZSCCA, you ARE pi$$ed off at them for some reason, and so you have chosen this opportunity to attack Scott's "ethics." Oh, but how UNETHICAL of you to make such an attack without disclosing your hidden agenda and motivation!

So, are you the goose, or the gander. Because either way, your own advice might be good for you! (or is it the pot/kettle?)

JTP
    '00 Bright Red II, Black, Black 2.3

PERFORMANCE: Dinan Stage II suspension, Dinan strut tower brace, Porterfield R4S brake pads, Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 tires, UNGO MS8300 alarm, Doug Whalen Seat Bushings, Sylvania Silverstar headlights and fog lights. MAINTENANCE: Peake Research R5/fcx-II and SRS Reset Tools, Mity-Vac oil evacuator w/ brake bleeder, BMW Battery Tender. COSMETICS: Dinan Badge, OEM chrome exhaust tips, Magnetic stone guards, Roundel valve stem caps, Trunk-mounted Dragon sticker, WI plates: RES IPSA. COMFORT: Premium Package, Heated sport seats, “Z3 Roadster” heated vest (for wife), In-dash CD, LeatherZ MarkII armrest, OEM mesh windscreen. CAR CARE: Porter Cable random orbit buffer, Meguiars car care products, NOAH car cover, Plexus, Raggtop. EXTRAS: Z3Solutions warning triangle.

My Home Page

Registered Member

Yes | No

Okay, fine. . .

You don't care about who "gets the last word?" Fine.

I do feel the need to clear up something here. You talk about my "gaggle." If anything, the friends that I have here that could be considered a "gaggle" are Z3Bigdaddy (who is also a friend of yours), CarlB, MinnMark, s-retire, and Carter (although he's not here much anymore). There were some old-time friends, but they have moved on to other cars. There are some others that I consider knowledgable, but I have never made personal contact with them.

That means that even if we exclude Scott (your original target) and s-retire as either being interested parties or friends of mine, that still leaves the only other two independent commentators (NorthZ and Bob2.8) as having told you that your comment was out-of-line.

As for why my other board friends haven't chimed in, I will remind you that the last time you even got a hint that Z3Bigdaddy might agree with me on one of our discussions, you instantly accused him of having "chosen sides" and acted like a petulant schoolchild who had been spurned. No wonder why he might not want to wade into those waters again!

And I can also point out that, while CarlB is a friend, he and I have never hesitated from going back and forth on something about which we disagree. Just search the archives for "iTunes" if you want to verify. So if he read this thread, and if he disagreed with me, I have no doubt that he would chime in to let me know. His failure to do so means that he either hasn't read the thread or that he doesn't care enough to overcome inertia. But you can't reasonably read his silence as being implicit agreement with either of us.

There is no "gaggle." Don't you find it at all interesting that VidTerry used to accuse people of the same thing? Aren't you excited to know that you are exhibiting the same paranoid, self-important behavior as Terry!? Sometimes, it's not that people are "out to get you." Sometimes you are just an a$$hole who prompts entirely unrelated people to all have the same visceral reaction. Congrats.

JTP

PERFORMANCE: Dinan Stage II suspension, Dinan strut tower brace, Porterfield R4S brake pads, Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 tires, UNGO MS8300 alarm, Doug Whalen Seat Bushings, Sylvania Silverstar headlights and fog lights. MAINTENANCE: Peake Research R5/fcx-II and SRS Reset Tools, Mity-Vac oil evacuator w/ brake bleeder, BMW Battery Tender. COSMETICS: Dinan Badge, OEM chrome exhaust tips, Magnetic stone guards, Roundel valve stem caps, Trunk-mounted Dragon sticker, WI plates: RES IPSA. COMFORT: Premium Package, Heated sport seats, “Z3 Roadster” heated vest (for wife), In-dash CD, LeatherZ MarkII armrest, OEM mesh windscreen. CAR CARE: Porter Cable random orbit buffer, Meguiars car care products, NOAH car cover, Plexus, Raggtop. EXTRAS: Z3Solutions warning triangle.

My Home Page

Registered Member

Yes | No

p.s. It doesn't help your argument. . .

You have now questioned my sexual orientation (buttdart), questioned my gender (12 year old girl) and told me to go f#$k myself. You also tried to impose your dominance by suggesting that you were so superior to me that you could order me around ("make me a burrito"). While I think you have the personality of a wet rag, I do know that you have some degree of intelligence. Quite frankly, I'm surprised that you would resort to such juvenile reactions. I am not surprised that you resorted to anger, but I am surprised that you resorted to such shallow, chauvinist name-calling. Suffice to say, they do NOT help your argument in any way, shape, or form. They DO, however, reveal you to be desperately trying to justify behavior that is quite plainly unjustifiable.

And keep in mind that one of your only apparent friends on the board might take particular offense to you derogatorily referring to someone as a "buttdart." And no, I'm not talking about Blaine.

JTP

My Home Page

Registered Member
    Member No: 95616 scottpettit is an unknown quantity at this point scottpettit's Avatar

Yes | No

I am sorry. I have not seen your questions...

otherwise I would have replied.

What are your questions? Where were they posted? I must have overlooked them. Again, sorry.

Scott Pettit
    President
    ZSCCA

Chairperson
    ZFest

By the way, has anyone noticed that I am one of only a few people who not only use their real name on this board, but have repeatedly listed my email address and cell phone number.

Just sayin'....

Registered Member
    Member No: 146192 s-retire is an unknown quantity at this point s-retire's Avatar

Yes | No

and, We're pleased to know you and...

grateful for your service.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Clearly your effort to confuse newbies. ;o)

JTP

My Home Page

Registered Member
    Member No: 95616 scottpettit is an unknown quantity at this point scottpettit's Avatar

Yes | No

Hopefully???? so far, we have 13 states and 2...

provinces of Canada coming to SoCal. And the background for the panoramic photo is gunna be way cool.

Scott Pettit
    President
    ZSCCA

Chairperson
    ZFest Los Angeles

Registered Member
    Member No: 149143 lpcapital is an unknown quantity at this point lpcapital's Avatar

Yes | No

Particularly if she has trouble distinguishing...

...clutch from brake... You might find yourself bleeding the brakes and questioning why the heck the fluid isn't flowing all that well... Trying multiple wheels... Checking the lines... Disassembling the caliper...

Only to realize someone was pumping the clutch...
    ---------------------------------

1998 Z3 1.9 - few modifications here and there
    1999 Z3 2.8 - individual edition (British Traditional)
    2003 Z4 2.5i

Registered Member
    Member No: 149143 lpcapital is an unknown quantity at this point lpcapital's Avatar

Yes | No

I second that...

Scott I know you wanna be friend of everyone, but some people are just not worth your time.

And in a way all the back and forth that has been going on, is just playing to BMV purpose of discrediting the ZSCCA and Scott... Regardless JTP being on the right side, as a newbie you would get kinda turned off when you come here all excited to show off you new car and people start on arguing...

Now Screw you guys... I'm going home...

---------------------------------

1998 Z3 1.9 - few modifications here and there
    1999 Z3 2.8 - individual edition (British Traditional)
    2003 Z4 2.5i

Registered Member

Yes | No

I wholeheartedly agree, Zeta

And to the extent this bickering has soured Eastender's new-car excitement, I am sorry. But we now know what bmv's agenda was. He had an axe to grind with the ZSCCA over some perceived slight committed by Scott and chose this as an opportunity to air his grievance. He has now tipped his hand on that point, so the controversy is now over. bmv's credibility is toast.

I'm sure he will try to rationalize it away, and I'm sure in his mind he's being "attacked" by my "gaggle," but it is clear from a unanimous sampling of the board that his tactics are unappreciated. To that extent, the unfortunate drama served its purpose.

Hopefully Eastender realizes that the vast majority of people here are friendly, helpful, and just as excited about these cars as he is.

JTP

My Home Page

Registered Member

Yes | No

Yes, welcome

I hope the drama from this thread doesn't sour you on what can be a fantastic resource. I have been visiting this board for over 10 years now and by and large the people are fantastic, helpful beyond belief, and generally as excited about these cars as you sound. Enjoy the ride!

JTP

My Home Page

NorthZ

Yes | No

not the issue?

Then what is your issue????

Who / what do you think you are trying to protect us from?
    A car club? Are they some sort of evil enterprise?

Give your head a shake.

Registered Member
    Member No: 22871 adb2 is an unknown quantity at this point adb2's Avatar

Yes | No

Hey bmv can be the new VidTerry and the new 3Liter

bmv, you are way out of line, get over it.
    ZZZING '00 2.3 Oxford Green/Beige/Black - Strong Strut Trilogy - Whalen Shift Knob - Leather Z Mark 1 - Gary's Mirror Adaptor - ATE Power Slotted Rotors - Shark Injector - Ground Control Rear Shock Mounts - M front upper shock mounts - Koni Sport shocks - Stainless Steel Brake Lines - Ireland Subframe Bushings - SSR Competition Wheels - HIR Headlights

Registered Member

Yes | No

Thanks Luca, drag Cartman in to it!!!!

Registered Member
    Member No: 29003 AR67Duetto is an unknown quantity at this point AR67Duetto's Avatar

Yes | No

Seize the irony! ;-)

What are your questions? Where were they posted? I must have overlooked them. Again, sorry.

Like I said, no problems. I do suspect, however, that you actually did see 'em -- multiple Q's, here & E85 'board as well -- but, there's absolutely no reason for me to expect an answer. I don't respond to every Q; neither should you. I take the view that 'no response' is still a response.

We cool here? I brought up the fact that you don't answer my Q's, whether they merited A's or not, only because your merely providing contact info publicly isn't necessarily a panacea, IME.

OK, 'nuff of dat! Let's get to irony...

By the way, has anyone noticed that I am one of only a few people who not only use their real name on this board, but have repeatedly listed my email address and cell phone number.

Just sayin'....

If you appreciate irony as much as I do then, after you've finished patting yourself on the back, kindly consider:

Well, ya know, one possible reason why those who post their real names & info are few in numbers is because only a few have an ulterior motive (Thankfully!).

Let's look at a reoccurring mystery on this forum. Above, on this page, we have yet another example of the Non-For Sale For Sale ad. Sorry, right now, I can't think of a better way to phrase this other than in form of a Q...Have you seen this notice?:

"REMINDER: For Sale ads belong in the Classifieds not on the boards"

Everytime anyone starts a new thread, "Post New Message", this appears:

Subsequently, every person who views the thread will see:

Further, anyone who replies to the thread, prior to filling in the Message Box AND(!) hitting "I ACCEPT the Terms of Use - Submit Post" will see:

IMO, even if one is colorblind, it would be exceedingly difficult to miss that. Agree/Disagree?

Why do they do this? In your opinion, is it proper? Another member of your gaggle has done this, so I'm assuming you're familiar with the practice.

16. Does the Seller -- strike that! -- Price Checker give their *real* name? iDunno why they'd give a false name; but, Hey(!), it's really not a For Sale ad -> merely price checking.

17. Does the Seller -- strike that! -- Price Checker give a seemingly detailed description of the make,model,MY,mileage,options,etc.? Can't have accurate price checking without that, now can you?

18. Does the Seller -- strike that! -- Price Checker provide tel/cell number & email address? Price checks are better communicated privately than publicly here, but of course!

Oh, jeez...

Did you do that here, Y/N?

Still think that providing real name & contact info is automatically righteous? I don't think it does. Could reflect an ulterior motive, tho.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I sincerely do not believe that you have an ulterior motive. So, it's curious to me, if not ironic, that your deliberate omissions & commissions make you resemble those who do.

Just sayin'....

Yeah, funny how things work out sometimes...

Registered Member

Yes | No

Hum... let me try to answer you....

First of all, in communicating with you, as some of this string has done, I shouldn't have to ID my self with every post. Why, because my name is automatically added to the post in the same place that your bmv is placed.

As far as the Not Foe Sale references, I am not sure about what you are referring to. I tend to open this forum and scan it quickly for an interesting post and skip any ads and so forth. So banners and reminders are usually overlooked by me.

Hopefully this answers your question / post.

By the way, I still do not know what questions you posted but I will do a search and try and answer them, If in fact they are on this forum.

Scott Pettit

Registered Member

Yes | No

I did a search of this forum and the E85 side....

and cannot find your questions...

Any place in particular that I should be looking?

Scott Pettit

Registered Member
    Member No: 146192 s-retire is an unknown quantity at this point s-retire's Avatar

Yes | No

Hey There, That’s not fair…

3liter wasn’t this obnoxious!

Registered Member
    Member No: 109570 PMWahl is an unknown quantity at this point PMWahl's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: PRECISELY the issue here

Come on people the a**holes are suppose to stay in the political forum.

Registered Member
    Member No: 100814 prdz3 is an unknown quantity at this point prdz3's Avatar

Yes | No

She knows enough not to do that, but

I'd get one wheel done, then the phone would ring. 30 minutes later, she's back and we do another wheel, but then she'd have to go in and turn the oven off. And on it goes. Job ends up taking like 3 hours.
    Phil '97 1.9 Montreal Blue

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information