+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Registered Member
    Member No: 29003 AR67Duetto is an unknown quantity at this point AR67Duetto's Avatar

Yes | No

No, not the issue.

Give your head a shake.

Engage brain before keyboard.

Evidently, you haven't been paying attention. Above you said:

"I am somewhat of a newbie to this forum and I didn't think there was anything wrong with the information presented."

I replied that that's not really the issue. I said that because the issue isn't with what was said, it's with what wasn't said.

The controversial statement is:

"Also, check out:

www.zscca.com they are the national Z car club and they have a great event coming up in September.
    "

Please show us exactly where he mentions his personal involvement with the club/event he's endorsing. And, explain, in your opinion, why The President & Event Chairperson would use "they" instead of "I/we" (twice!).

The rest of his reply he gives useful Z3 advice to the orig. poster, and here's the link: http://bimmer.roadfly.com/bmw/forums/z3/9485688-1.html

To reiterate, where EXACTLY does he mention his involvement with the club? That's the issue!

Not paying attention, II. After being challenged, the critical omission was called "an oversight". "Oversight". Whether that's a lame-a$$ excuse that any politician would give after being 'caught' or indeed the genuine reason, is another aspect that probably should be discussed separately.

Think!

Regardless of intent, the fact that the term "oversight" was used serves as *CONFIRMATION* that certain key info was omitted. If there was no problem then, he wouldn't later have admitted to the "oversight". Hence, my challenge had/has merit.

---

Not paying attention, III. I believe you said that you're relatively new here. BTAIM, I'm sure you realize every 'community' has cliques or whatever. The dynamics here include a specific gaggle; one member is the 'perp in this issue. It should be no surprise that, righly or wrongly, they'll support their fellow gaggler. Consequently, that's why we've been seeing all of the attacks against me by that meeley-mouth-motherfooker-piece-of-fookin'-milquetoast-from-Madison --> It's a smokescreen to divert attention away from their gaggle.

Registered Member
    Member No: 29003 AR67Duetto is an unknown quantity at this point AR67Duetto's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Hum... let me try to answer you....

As far as the Not Foe Sale references, I am not sure about what you are referring to.

Yeah, sorry, that doesn't look on screen as well as hoped. IME, no matter how new one is to this forum, it would be next to impossible to miss this:

"REMINDER: For Sale ads belong in the Classifieds not on the boards"

You literally cannot post anything here without seeing it; that's why it's placed where it is.

So, when certain people post For Sale ads, it is in blatant disregard to that Reminder. But they're always keen to include in their ads their correct & complete contact info for potential buyers.

Separately, we have you claiming you're special for being among the very few to include real name & contact info.

They're two different situations, of couse.

I just find it ironic because, in my observations, the most frequent reason some include their names & contact info is to augment their For Sale ads - which is not allowed.

C'mon, ya gotta admit it's ironic that your attempt to boost your image means you have something in common with those who deliberately violate the rules.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Too stupid for tears.

~bmv

Registered Member
    Member No: 6581 jtp is an unknown quantity at this point jtp's Avatar

Yes | No

Again with the gaggle!

I have never met these people. I don't know them from Adam. If you hit me over the head with them, I wouldn't have any clue who they were. And yet, they are my "gaggle." Hmm.

Just because everyone who has posted here thinks you are wrong DOESN'T mean that we are all somehow interconnected.

And again, the silly insults do nothing to help your supposed argument.

JTP
    '00 Bright Red II, Black, Black 2.3

PERFORMANCE: Dinan Stage II suspension, Dinan strut tower brace, Porterfield R4S brake pads, Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 tires, UNGO MS8300 alarm, Doug Whalen Seat Bushings, Sylvania Silverstar headlights and fog lights. MAINTENANCE: Peake Research R5/fcx-II and SRS Reset Tools, Mity-Vac oil evacuator w/ brake bleeder, BMW Battery Tender. COSMETICS: Dinan Badge, OEM chrome exhaust tips, Magnetic stone guards, Roundel valve stem caps, Trunk-mounted Dragon sticker, WI plates: RES IPSA. COMFORT: Premium Package, Heated sport seats, “Z3 Roadster” heated vest (for wife), In-dash CD, LeatherZ MarkII armrest, OEM mesh windscreen. CAR CARE: Porter Cable random orbit buffer, Meguiars car care products, NOAH car cover, Plexus, Raggtop. EXTRAS: Z3Solutions warning triangle.

My Home Page

Registered Member

Yes | No

Your credibility is toast,

You have now acknowledged that you had an axe to grind with the ZSCCA. Whether your anger is warranted, I don't know. Don't know the details. But the point is that you had an axe to grind, but then attacked Scott without disclosing your personal issue. It is not ethical to attack someone like you did without disclosing an unrelated dispute. And all the while, you were attacking HIM for his supposed lack of ethics! Now THERE'S irony if you're looking for it.

Anyway, that blows your credibility. So this issue is done and buried on that point alone.

The fact that EVERY poster who has been compelled to comment on your action has condemned it confirms that you were out of line. And we aren't some orchestrated clique out to get you. These are people from across the country who don't know each other, don't interact with each other apart from happening to post to the same forum, and who nevertheless all saw your attack as the garbage that it was. Are you really able to rationalize all of those attacks in your head and believe that you did nothing wrong here!? The fact that NOT A SINGLE person has come along and said that they agree with your point doesn't resonate with you at all!? Wow.

As I noted, any time Vidterry felt attacked, he would try to divert the attention by arguing that it was a clique out to get him. In reality, he was just being a jerk and everyone was calling him on it. Same thing here, dude. You have become that which you used to loath!

JTP

PERFORMANCE: Dinan Stage II suspension, Dinan strut tower brace, Porterfield R4S brake pads, Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 tires, UNGO MS8300 alarm, Doug Whalen Seat Bushings, Sylvania Silverstar headlights and fog lights. MAINTENANCE: Peake Research R5/fcx-II and SRS Reset Tools, Mity-Vac oil evacuator w/ brake bleeder, BMW Battery Tender. COSMETICS: Dinan Badge, OEM chrome exhaust tips, Magnetic stone guards, Roundel valve stem caps, Trunk-mounted Dragon sticker, WI plates: RES IPSA. COMFORT: Premium Package, Heated sport seats, “Z3 Roadster” heated vest (for wife), In-dash CD, LeatherZ MarkII armrest, OEM mesh windscreen. CAR CARE: Porter Cable random orbit buffer, Meguiars car care products, NOAH car cover, Plexus, Raggtop. EXTRAS: Z3Solutions warning triangle.

My Home Page

Registered Member

Yes | No

Compare to you I'm fine [Art of Living].

You have now acknowledged that you had an axe to grind with the ZSCCA.

This will be over your head, but I'm actually trying to justify whether or not to join the ZSCCA.

I used to belong to the BMW Z Register, or whatever it was called, way back when. I'm a little fuzzy on what/who the ZSCCA was before the name change...If it's a reincarnation of the former, or something else, iDunno.

More importantly, I'm very interested in their upcoming Zfest event. Especially, DW & Oxnard. That FWK-Z3 is involved makes all that much better. While he & I have had our differences, I have the upmost respect for his general auto affinity & personal auto resume. Twice(!), I've gone out of my way to meet him face-to-face. If I ever go out of my way to meet YOU, it will not be pleasant!

Alas, unfortunately, I haven't seen much beyond teases & misrepresentations...

Whether your anger is warranted, I don't know. Don't know the details. But the point is that you had an axe to grind, but then attacked Scott without disclosing your personal issue. It is not ethical to attack someone like you did without disclosing an unrelated dispute. And all the while, you were attacking HIM for his supposed lack of ethics! Now THERE'S irony if you're looking for it.

More lies. You're too much of an unsophisticated Cheesehead to handle irony; you couldn't handle why the Chicago Bears would've wanted Brett Favre to stay in Green Bay...

Anyway, that blows your credibility. So this issue is done and buried on that point alone.

The fact that EVERY poster who has been compelled to comment on your action has condemned it confirms that you were out of line. And we aren't some orchestrated clique out to get you. These are people from across the country who don't know each other, don't interact with each other apart from happening to post to the same forum, and who nevertheless all saw your attack as the garbage that it was. Are you really able to rationalize all of those attacks in your head and believe that you did nothing wrong here!? The fact that NOT A SINGLE person has come along and said that they agree with your point doesn't resonate with you at all!? Wow.

As I noted, any time Vidterry felt attacked, he would try to divert the attention by arguing that it was a clique out to get him. In reality, he was just being a jerk and everyone was calling him on it. Same thing here, dude. You have become that which you used to loath!

FANTASTIC! Just as I predicted. Even more lies, of course. What did I tell you above, a$$wipe?! That you would fabricate a survey whereby, oh-so-conveniently, since you hate me everybody else does too.

Just like a little girl...

Registered Member
    Member No: 149143 lpcapital is an unknown quantity at this point lpcapital's Avatar

Yes | No

"since you hate me everybody else does too"

Looks like you're starting to understand...
    ---------------------------------

1998 Z3 1.9 - few modifications here and there
    1999 Z3 2.8 - individual edition (British Traditional)
    2003 Z4 2.5i

Registered Member
    Member No: 95616 scottpettit is an unknown quantity at this point scottpettit's Avatar

Yes | No

Not at all.... I just support those things that...

I believe in. I do not benefit from that which I promote other than the satisfaction that someone might benefit from the info.

As far as the sales thing, I don't sell on this forum so I have never seen the content of what is posted.

By the way, what is your real identity?

Scott Pettit (the same as the name to the right of this message)

Registered Member
    Member No: 95616 scottpettit is an unknown quantity at this point scottpettit's Avatar

Yes | No

It was called the Z3 Registry and then.....

the Z3 Car Club of America. With the introduction of the Z4, the name was changed to it's present incarnation.

The cars that we are lining up for Fred to discuss are really incredible. in fact, one of SoCals most prestigous Concours d'Elegance has asked to work with me on locating the cars that we plan to display.

And I hope that you believe me when I say that I would like to meet you as I do respect your opinion wether I agree with it or not.

Cheers,

Scott Pettit
    ZFest Chairperson

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: Compare to you I'm fine [Art of Living].

The fact that you are considering joining the ZSCCA doesn't change the fact that you acknowledged being mad because Scott didn't respond to some questions you allegedly posted (although Scott couldn't find them when he went to look and you now conveniently refuse to point out where they were despite repeated requests from him) So you were ticked at Scott and went after him on an unrelated matter - his alleged "ethical lapse." But you didn't disclose your pre-existing animosity when you did so, which means YOUR CREDIBILITY IS TOAST! No two ways about it. Toast.

As for my "fabricated survey" - far from it. I never solicited anyone to give their opinion. I just observed those people that volunteered response. Now, the fact that you PREDICTED that people would say you were out of line is somehow supposed to mean that you weren't wrong!? I don't think so! Not a single person has come forward to say that your comments were reasonable or appropriate. Not one. EVERYONE who decided to comment said you were out of line. If it WAS a survey that I was "scoring," let's just say it was an easy one to grade.

I never said that since I hate you everyone else does too. You are the one obsessed with this "gaggle theory." But I still find it fascinating that you persist in ignoring that the response to your post has been uniformly and unequivocally negative. How you are able to ignore that and find yourself righteous is truly a marvel!

Ahh, and again with the "little girl" comment. You really just can't stick with the issue, huh? It always has to turn into some chauvenistic insult to try to belittle those who challenge you. Only way you are able to feel as though you are right here, though, I suppose. And now, you turn to veiled threats as well!? You going out of your way to visit me won't be pleasant, huh!? Am I supposed to be scared by that? Ooh, big bad bmv is going to come and give me what-for!? You complain that I am manufacturing "surveys" and then you resort to repeated name-calling and now threats of violence - two CLASSIC internet crutches. Tough guy behind that computer monitor, aren't you!? I'll let you know when I'm worried. Don't hold your breath.

You have reached new lows of being pathetic!

JTP

My Home Page

Registered Member
    Member No: 146192 s-retire is an unknown quantity at this point s-retire's Avatar

Yes | No

Rumpelstilzchen???

Registered Member

Registered Member

Yes | No

Bob 2.8,See what I mean 'bout being chased around?

~bmv

Registered Member

Yes | No

^^^^ scott Pettit, This is what I mean ^^^^

I posted above the link to a reply of mine to this thread: http://bimmer.roadfly.com/bmw/forums/z3/9452092-3.html

You're saying that you're special for being among the few who post their real name & contact info.

I was trying to say that I find it *ironic* that you would call attention to the commonality that you share with the people who deliberately violate the ban on posting For Sale ads here.

Real name? No, but generally accepted 'nick might suffice.
    Email link enabled? Check.
    Phone # provided? Check.
    Offer price of goods for sale provided, eventhough For Sale ads are prohibited? Check.

Still think that giving real contact info distinguishes you, er, in a good way? ;-)

ZetaTre is another member of your gaggle; do you condone his deliberate violation of the For Sale 'Reminder'?

JOOC...

Registered Member

Yes | No

take the last word, douchenozzle.

~bmv

Registered Member

Yes | No

Could you be anymore of a pu$$y?!?!

What I said to NorthZ -- which you obvious saw, since you replied here -- is the same I'd say to anyone:

-------------------------------------------------------------

"The controversial statement is:

"Also, check out:

www.zscca.com they are the national Z car club and they have a great event coming up in September.
    "

Please show us exactly where he mentions his personal involvement with the club/event he's endorsing. And, explain, in your opinion, why The President & Event Chairperson would use "they" instead of "I/we" (twice!).

The rest of his reply he gives useful Z3 advice to the orig. poster, and here's the link: http://bimmer.roadfly.com/bmw/forums/z3/9485688-1.html

To reiterate, where EXACTLY does he mention his involvement with the club? That's the issue!"

---------------------------------------------------------

Where-o-where does scott Pettit mention his ZSCCA connection there?!

Registered Member
    Member No: 146192 s-retire is an unknown quantity at this point s-retire's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: So it's not for sale ads by Scott....

that has you so bent out of shape but rather guilt by association.

and It all centers around the gaggle based Wisconsin. Hmmm

Dude

Yes | No

LOL, you're hilarious.

Long time since I've dropped by this place, but oh the irony to stop in and what do I see? You, in another argument with just about everybody (those that waste their breath to speak to you anyway). And what the hell is this about "being followed around"? LOL! Add dillusional to your problems. Dude, nobody's following you around, you keep coming the hell back!!!!!!!! BIG difference.

It's just freekin hilarious to me that after all this time, you still don't get that nobody cares about you. Nobody likes you, nobody's interested in your ridiculous little marketing reports, nobody's interested in your opinion, nobody's interested in nada from you. That you're so blind you're never going to see that is nothing short of humor on the grande scale.

You're like the little kid that follows the big kids around, hoping they'll give him the time of day. You must have really been screwed with as a kid. lol

Dude, you're a joke. You need to grow the hell up and realize nobody really cares about you.

Registered Member

Yes | No

BMV, you claim to be an expert...

you might want to check out the rules again. You seem to have missed the guideline that covers "defamatory" and "threatening".

I'm not sure what you are referring to about "stalking", but since I'm the one you've accused of doing that, I'll respond. It is simply not true. You're quite a bit too small minded to be worthy of that effort.

Registered Member
    Member No: 21597 z3bigdaddy is an unknown quantity at this point z3bigdaddy's Avatar

Yes | No

Where is Alan when we neeed him?

I'm hoping all our friends in Nashville are OK....

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
    Signature to be included in the footer of all your posts. (HTML is ok)
    Note: to include a picture in your signature, use HTML that looks like

You may place a link to your own site in your signature if you have a
    reciprocal link to us on that page and follow the guidelines in our Link FAQ.
    Links in violation of the Link FAQ may be removed without warning. Please also
    do not include any pornographic or non-work-safe images in your signature.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information