+ Reply to Thread
    Grmnrkt

Yes | No

OBC Relay Box (No Start Issues)

Grmnrkt

Yes | No

Re: OBC Relay Box (No Start Issues)

My 01/1983 533i is starting intermitantly. Fuse 1, Main, and fuel pump relays are OK. I've jumped with a lighted switch the fuel relay but the pumps don't run. I ran 12V from the wiring harness at in tank pump back to the secondary pump and it ran. But I replaced it anyway. I have replaced both crankshaft mag. sensors, and both fuel pumps.

The car has started and died several times since I've started having this problem, so it runs 1 out of 100 starts. I pulled the car out of storage and it ran. Shut it off for a moment and it never re-started again. Few days later it started. Then didn't. Today after messing with this thing sparingly for the past two weeks I got it together and it started. Ran for 5 min or so and then slowly started to run like crap. Reved the motor and it picked right back up. Let it idle a little longer and it just kinda slowly died. Now it it is just sputering and missing on 5 cyl. Cranks and cranks. I have swapped another motronic and plugged in another AFM.

I think it might be the OBC Relay but the one on my car isn't the black box like I've seen pictures of. There is an alum. box with a blue connector and VDO on it and then there is a bigger box with two (yellow and black) large plugs. The black & the blue plug both have Gr and Gr/Rt wires coming out of them. The bigger box with the black plug have the heavier gauge Gr and Gr/Rt wires.

Which one is the OBC Relay? Anybody with this electronic set-up?

I've also checked many of the grounds associated with the circuit.

I'm getting pissed and don't want to go down to self defeat and take it in. Please help.

Brian

Registered Member
    Member No: 58142 ROYinGA is an unknown quantity at this point ROYinGA's Avatar

Yes | No

I think the two boxes you mentioned are the cruise

and the OBC I box. Review the ETM diagrams for your car on e38.org/e28.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information