+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    NC02Z3

Yes | No

Re: Who has original water pump??

Thank you very much for the information.

Registered Member
    Member No: 26894 Nautiker is an unknown quantity at this point Nautiker's Avatar

Yes | No

Me - '97 1.9L w/48K on it...

Registered Member
    Member No: 18848 rwilli is an unknown quantity at this point rwilli's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Do you remember where was it leaking?

The mechanic had pointed out that there was 'residue' around the weep hole. I took a picture and sent it to Stewart whereby they just sent a new one and I still have it for future change.

Registered Member
    Member No: 12416 ZeattleDave2002 is an unknown quantity at this point ZeattleDave2002's Avatar

Yes | No

Nope. It died a horrible death at 120k

Boston Green M Roadster

st-pete-z3

Yes | No

Re: Who has original water pump??

Some folks are just lucky I guess-??

I had two OEM drop out in less then 60K miles.

Changed to the Stewart and we'll see where that goes.

Registered Member
    Member No: 22871 adb2 is an unknown quantity at this point adb2's Avatar

Yes | No

Original died at 18,000 miles

Took out part of the shroud and the fan blades were damaged, fixed under warranty--lucky it happened about 3/4 mile from the dealer and did not overheat.

I replaced it again with OEM at 80K miles, along with the hoses.

Also replaced the expansion tank at 60K miles due to a crack on the bottom side. Thermostat was stuck open at 80K and got replaced along with the waterpump, and fan clutch, fan clutch OEM failed again at 100000 miles, replaced with a beefier one from the old 8 series.
    ZZZING '00 2.3 Oxford Green/Beige/Black - Strong Strut Trilogy - Whalen Shift Knob - Leather Z Mark 1 - Gary's Mirror Adaptor - ATE Power Slotted Rotors - Shark Injector - Ground Control Rear Shock Mounts - M front upper shock mounts - Koni Sport shocks - Stainless Steel Brake Lines - Ireland Subframe Bushings - SSR Competition Wheels - HIR Headlights

Registered Member
    Member No: 129658 gerardw is an unknown quantity at this point gerardw's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: I still have mine

Oh, I just stopped right where I was on I-84 in Hartford yesterday when the darn system blew. Guy in a pickup pulled me over to the side. That little tow hook that screws into the front bumper actually works pretty well.

Mechanic took a look this morning couldn't tell whether it was radiator or what; has to get BMW coolant on Monday.

Registered Member
    Member No: 169665 mechanicsc is an unknown quantity at this point mechanicsc's Avatar

Yes | No

Replaced my 2002's thermostat at 56K...

...but not because it had failed. I was changing hoses, belts, and had a stuck thermostat so I was changing that too, so I figured with all the bad things I had heard that I would go ahead and swap mine out while I had everything apart. Replaced with the Stewart EMP and so far, everything is fine.

Having said that, the old water pump was in excellent condition -- had the composite impeller and had no play in the shaft or anything. It was nowhere close to failing, so I could have left it alone and been fine.

I threw the old one in the EMP's box and kept it, just in case the EMP decides to pack up one day.

mechanicsc
    2002 Z3 3.0i

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information