+ Reply to Thread
    frankie

Yes | No

Service Indicator

For years I could not reset the SI on my E23. Last week I tried one more time and accidently left the wires in the 1/7 pin. The following morning the SI was reset. It worked for two days then went back to flashing the red bars and the inspection. I tried resetting it again as posted here but no good. Did the overnight thing again and it reset. Any ideas on what's happening with this.

Area52

Yes | No

Batteries on the SI board are toast...

frankie

Yes | No

Re: Service Indicator

OK, I will replace them this weekend as per the instructions in the archives. One more question...posts in the archives indicate the nicads have a role with the tach, speedo and fuel consumption gauge. These all work fine. What is the actual relationship?

Area52

Yes | No

Batteries could be leaking onto the board traces..

...causes all kinds of problems. What I would do is install a remote battery holder...unsolder old batteries and sold in wires for the remote batt holder (radio shack). That way you wont have to pull out and disassemble the cluster in two or three years when the replacement nicads wear out. Do a search here or over at mye28-dotcom or [Oops!]-dotcom. Your other option is to find a batteryless board...there is a seller in Florida I believe that sells these for less than $110. Your other option if you don't give a crap about the SI lights is to unsolder the batts, stick a piece of electrical tape on the cluster display where the lights are and just manually monitor your oil changes. Check to make sure the two teeny brass ground nuts are tight after you disassemble the cluster.

Registered Member
    Member No: 58142 ROYinGA is an unknown quantity at this point ROYinGA's Avatar

Yes | No

Charge the nicads before install. Takes 3 wires.

Bad traces on the SI board can sometimes be cleaned and jumpered.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information