+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    rcrad6653

Yes | No

A note Lazslo about your mention of USPS for...

.... shipping to the UK. If you do use it then expect abnormal delays, and forget using the guaranteed delivery option: it's an expensive joke. You see, USPS does their job getting something there fast (the most recent case an E31 radiator), but things bog down at ParcelForce which has the handling agreement with USPS for everything and is part of the customs system (according to USPS-but they're essentially a contractor with exclusivity) Items can be hung up for two weeks or more... they get there eventually but patience can get short and you look like the bad guy. I've had no issues whatsoever things going to Ireland for instance, but never again will I use USPS to send to the UK. It's your call... they are relatively inexpensive but I feel it's false economy.

Registered Member
    Member No: 56726 lezonebay is an unknown quantity at this point lezonebay's Avatar

Yes | No

isn't royal mail who handles international parcels

anymore ? I guess that explains recent troubles with that. a Saudi Arabian buyer of me got his parcel into the country in 4 days but delivery to his hometown took an another 10 days.
    I see your point and I think it is a typical - contract work. The winner of a contract is always the cheapest, not the best.

oh well, an another good service that gets bent out of shape due to the economic downturn that our government orchestrated.

1997 BMW 840CiA
    1990 BMW Z1
    2002 Astro Van AWD
    2003 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast Package
    1987 BMW 535i with 5spd manual
    1992 BMW 735iL
    2007 Mazda CX9 AWD
    1998 Yamaha Blaster+Breeze

1995 850CSI CD00177 (SOLD)

rcrad6653

Yes | No

Re: isn't royal mail who handles international parcels

Well as I said our part of the arrangement went well (USPS) as you saw with your Saudi client. The breakdown happens in-country and our system is essentially out of the loop at that point. To compound matters, remember the bad bomb scare at Heathrow last Christmas time? They are just now beginning to see the light of day from the backlog created by increased security and inspection much like happened after 9/11. Add to that the international disruption from the Icelandic volcano. The ParcelForce compound is the single largest building in the UK... given the propensity for human error,laziness, or inefficiency it's easy to see how the process of our little transactions can be really held up. I'm sticking with the more streamlined process of good 'ol FedEx.

Registered Member
    Member No: 71085 jef is a splendid one to behold jef is a splendid one to behold jef is a splendid one to behold jef is a splendid one to behold jef is a splendid one to behold jef is a splendid one to behold jef is a splendid one to behold jef is a splendid one to behold jef's Avatar

Yes | No

I shipped a package to GerryUKCSi, only 2 weeks

Left here 2/22 arrived at Gerry's 3/06.
    Maybe I was lucky? I was able to track it, no problems at all.

JB007

Yes | No

The thing you guys missed is .....

to remember to put used parts or sample or cheap cost of parts on the green customs label, otherwise we get hammered on duty. I got stiffed to the tune of 170 on a set of luggage I bought on ebay from the states. Didnt help the fact that the box had Ferrari written all over it.

I am not in a hurry so dont mind waiting a couple of weeks. I'm all for safety in this day and age.

Thanks Laszlo et al. I will go for just the rear mufflers I think. Will contact my local exhaust fitters to see how much they will charge for installation- just a bit worried about the welding.

Registered Member
    Member No: 71085 jef is a splendid one to behold jef is a splendid one to behold jef is a splendid one to behold jef is a splendid one to behold jef is a splendid one to behold jef is a splendid one to behold jef is a splendid one to behold jef is a splendid one to behold jef's Avatar

Yes | No

I had brackets welded to my Magnaflows (more)

Stupid enter key...

to make installation bolt-on. I can take a pic if you want. I'll have to squeeze under, my 8 is lowered.

Registered Member
    Member No: 154817 revtor is an unknown quantity at this point revtor's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: CSi Tips?

> I'm really drawn to the CSi tips. Does anyone know the
    > measurements of those tips? Length? Diameter?

Here you go... Each tip is made out of 3 mm thick stainless steel with an outside diameter of 76 mm. The polished and straight part of the tips is 135 mm long. The distance between the tips is 15 mm and the outer tips are 25 mm recessed (staggered setup).

Registered Member
    Member No: 117915 Merlin4SC is an unknown quantity at this point Merlin4SC's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: CSi Exhaust?

I am not the leat bit impressed by the factory exhaust on my CSi

In fact M73 was better

I am, in fact in search of headers.

If I cannot obtain those, I will at least extrude hone the exhaust when I do theads. Not sure about dyno results, but I have proven that make sthe engine mor eefficient on myu M73.

Cheers

RM

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information