+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 13295 bryanclar is on a distinguished road bryanclar's Avatar

Yes | No

Anyone ever do a parade in their Z?

I was at Dover Days last weekend and there's a parade involved. Small, but good for the kids. My 4-yr-old asked why I didn't drive the "windy car" with the other cars in the parade (she wants to throw candy and toys to people). They had a Corvette club, classics, and even the PT Cruiser club. That got me thinking...why not? The ZSCCA is a good group, we have great cars, we should start doing parades! It is parade season, after all!

If you hear of one in your area, I say we start getting together for these things. I don't know of another in the DE area as of right now, but you can bet I'll keep my eyes open.

www.texzan.com

97 2.8 Arctic Silver - Tanin Red interior with wood console - black top

Whalen Shift Machine, polished - Type II windscreen (non roll-hoops) - Bilstein HD shocks/struts
    Axxis Metal Master pads - Brembo rotors - Doug Whalen seat bushings
    Passenger Eject (unfortunately non-functional) - OEM Passenger Airbag Disable switch
    Polk Audio all around - Blaupunkt PA amps - LeatherZ Mark II armrest - Strong Strut Trio

dadmog

Yes | No

Prom Queen a tight fit between the roll bars!

Registered Member
    Member No: 6581 jtp is an unknown quantity at this point jtp's Avatar

Yes | No

Depends on how wide your prom queen is! ;-)

JTP
    '00 Bright Red II, Black, Black 2.3

PERFORMANCE: Dinan Stage II suspension, Dinan strut tower brace, Porterfield R4S brake pads, Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 tires, UNGO MS8300 alarm, Doug Whalen Seat Bushings, Sylvania Silverstar headlights and fog lights. MAINTENANCE: Peake Research R5/fcx-II and SRS Reset Tools, Mity-Vac oil evacuator w/ brake bleeder, BMW Battery Tender. COSMETICS: Dinan Badge, OEM chrome exhaust tips, Magnetic stone guards, Roundel valve stem caps, Trunk-mounted Dragon sticker, WI plates: RES IPSA. COMFORT: Premium Package, Heated sport seats, “Z3 Roadster” heated vest (for wife), In-dash CD, LeatherZ MarkII armrest, OEM mesh windscreen. CAR CARE: Porter Cable random orbit buffer, Meguiars car care products, NOAH car cover, Plexus, Raggtop. EXTRAS: Z3Solutions warning triangle.

My Home Page

Registered Member
    Member No: 95616 scottpettit is an unknown quantity at this point scottpettit's Avatar

Yes | No

Been doing 'em for years in the Z and more...

I let the smaller prom queens sit on the sub-woofer or on the folded top. Heavier folks ride in the seat. I have carried everyone from "Miss such and such" to politicians. Lots of fun. Xmas parade really gets the car decorated.

If anyone wants some decorating tips, feel free to email me at:

[email protected]

Scott Pettit
    President
    ZSCCA

markwb9

Yes | No

Re: Anyone ever do a parade in their Z?

I use to do our local fire company's fire queen. All started the year I got my first Z my daughter won the fire queen and I have been doing ever since.

Bad Email Address on File
    Member No: 60022 KURTZZ3 is an unknown quantity at this point KURTZZ3's Avatar

Yes | No

Not intentionally...

Years ago, my son and I went on a BWM CCA car tour through Lake Arrowhead, east of Los Angeles. There were about 8 or 10 Z3s and Z4s.

As we took the nice winding roads, we eventually ended up in Big Bear. As we were driving down the main street, my son pointed out that there were a lot of people sitting in lawn chairs watching as we and the others in our small group drove by.

We soon realized that we had merged into a annual parade of classic and vintage cars.

We did the only sensible thing. We waved.

2002 Z3 3.0i;black/black;sports package;BMW windbreaker;spoiler guard;LeatherZ armrest;Pinnacle Souveran wax;Whalen Shift Machine;Strongstrut tower brace;Alpine CDA-9847 CD;Alpine KCA-420i iPod converter;Silverstar 9006 bulb;Axxis brake pads;Stewart water pump;Zionville autosport radiator

Z3BigDaddy

Yes | No

Yes... Two.. Boatnik and Spam Parade....

Z3BigDaddy

Yes | No

Would have to be one wide [Oops!] Queen to not fit!

Registered Member
    Member No: 123419 stevengdrake is an unknown quantity at this point stevengdrake's Avatar

Yes | No

Prom queen here too. Mine fit fine ;-)

Steve D (AL)
    1998 Z3 1.9

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information