+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 34468 Klredwood is an unknown quantity at this point Klredwood's Avatar

Yes | No

Stock Shock Life

I've got about 50k on my 2004, and starting to feel like the shocks are not doing their best. I'm guessing they are in fact getting tired, and need replacement. Seems that years ago, there was a graph of stock shock performance, but I can't find it with a search.
    I'm looking for stock ride and plan to use stock springs. Should I go for some Bilsteins or OEM. I've gone with after market and stock springs on other cars with marginal results. what's the deal?

Registered Member
    Member No: 23351 sedate is an unknown quantity at this point sedate's Avatar

Yes | No

consensus at the time I got mine were that>

koni > bilstein. Might be apples to oranges but I had bilstein/dinan on my E36 M3 and they seemed to give a firmer/harsher ride than the present car (E46 M3) with koni/Eibach.

Registered Member
    Member No: 81720 adsingl is on a distinguished road adsingl's Avatar

Yes | No

try m3 forum dot net - objective comparison

for suspensions. From what I read, if you want to spend money on coilovers, KW2 with progressive springs will give marginally better handling but better ride than stock. Cheapest is probably Konis. On whole - not just E46M3 or BMWs, Bilsteins seem to be harsher than Koni setups with same spring rate.

ADS

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information