+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 113456 bmwwheelman is an unknown quantity at this point bmwwheelman's Avatar

Yes | No

M30 Cold start problems

So this problem started for me on tuesday,
    As soon as I started my car from cold, it would sputter and stumble and I would have no power at all. As soon as the engine warmed up to operating temp (as in the needle hit the mid line on the temp gauge on the cluster) everything would be fine.

Now last night I swapped temp sensors, and new wires, worked fine, pulled the plug on the temp sensor and it started doing the sputtering and stumbling right away. So I thought it was just the temp sensor, put my old plug wires back in and got another temp sensor off a wreck. Tried again this morning, car would barely run, and is worse than before...

What else should I be looking at?

I dont have an O2 sensor hooked up as it was buggered a long time ago and would just flash the check engine light like the 4th of july. I did a stomp test and only came up with 1221, O2 sensor. nothing else...
    The only things I could think it would be is the coil (this would be bad at hot and not cold though right?) or my IAC...

anyone have any insight?
    ///spike
    89 535i 5spd, lsd, fully loaded

bmw-test-pilot

Yes | No

check and clean icv = idle contrl valve..8-)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information