+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 70880 jrrhit is an unknown quantity at this point jrrhit's Avatar

Yes | No

Supercharger

Anyone with a supercharger on their Z3? I'm particularly interested in hearing from anyone with a supercharged 2.8.

What kind? Impact on performance? Impact on MPG? Impact on reliability? Installation cost?- - - - - -

Life is good! Driving a Z3 with the top down, it's great!

Z3 1999 2.8, Steel Gray

Registered Member
    Member No: 146192 s-retire is an unknown quantity at this point s-retire's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Supercharger

bimmer2.8 did one a couple of years ago. He did a great job and it turned out very nice. He even had a write-up in Bimmer mag.

I haven't seen him post much here for some time. I think the family and a different car project has kept him busy. You may be able to get a hold of him by e-mail.

This link is very large as there are a lot of pictures.

Good luck

Inner Circle Member Inner Circle Member
    Member No: 90592
    Inner Circle ©128 since: Nov 14, 2005 JCZ3 is an unknown quantity at this point JCZ3's Avatar

Yes | No

I just had one installed in my 2.5L, it's awesome.

I bought an Active Autowerkes kit ( http://www.activeautowerke.com/viewproduct.aspx?id=Product19 ) and had Turner Motor Sports ( http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html/index.asp ) do the install, talk to Marko. Performance is great, smooth build up of power, start to feel it around 2500 RPM and it just keeps pulling. So far I have auto crossed with it 3 times and gone on an 800 mile road trip and no problems. Milage went from 25-26 to 22-23, but I tend to enjoy driving....I just wish I had done it sooner. Kit cost $6500 and install was $1200. I'm planning on getting it dyno'd in he next couple of weeks and will post the numbers.JCZ3
    2004 X3 2.5 Silver Gray
    2004 325xi Titanium Silver
    2000 2.3A Dakar Yellow
    AA Supercharger,Dinan exhaust, Dinan stage 2 suspension, KMAC front camber plates, LeatherZ Mark1, 3M Roadguard and Alpine CDA-9857 HU

Registered Member
    Member No: 70880 jrrhit is an unknown quantity at this point jrrhit's Avatar

Yes | No

Thanks, great info.

- - - - - -

Life is good! Driving a Z3 with the top down, it's great!

Z3 1999 2.8, Steel Gray

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information