+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 137158 flatlander74 is an unknown quantity at this point flatlander74's Avatar

Yes | No

Z3 trunk mount BMW CD changer stuck CD Error

Hope someone can help me out I tried searching this board and z3 board but can't locate a solution. My trunk mounter 6 disc cd magazine is stuck in the cd unit and will not eject the dash radio reads CD error. It looks as though the #3 tray on the magazine is stuck possibly with a CD inside the unit. Any help on how to remedy this situation would be well recieved. Thanks Byron

Registered Member
    Member No: 71268 CarterTG is an unknown quantity at this point CarterTG's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Z3 trunk mount BMW CD changer stuck CD Error

The 6-disc magazine effectively "floats" inside the changer and relies on a certain degree of alignment for the tray to be successfully retracted. If the magazine gets positioned outside of the tolerance, it might cause the tray to get stuck.

When this happens to my roadster's BMW changer, I'll slide open the changer hatch and try directly nudging the magazine in one direction or another while hitting the teal-colored eject button. I've done this each time one of the trays gets stuck and so far it's worked every time.

The changer has served me well in its heyday, but an overly complex mechanical system like that is so 90's. After a decade of use, I can't imagine the dampening system to work as spryly as it originally did... thus leading to more and more instances of stuck trays.

Carter

Carter
    '96 Z3 _7_7_7_7
    roadster
    Dinan Stage I Suspension, Dinan Cold Air Intake, Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3, Bosch Platinum +4, Ground Control RSMs

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information