+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 47203 Magofo is an unknown quantity at this point Magofo's Avatar

Yes | No

Tire recommendation for Jim

Jim,
    I have a 1991 E34 M5 with staggered 17 inch Alpina wheels. The fronts are 235/45 17 & the rears are 255/40 17. My current tires are Yokahoma ES 100'S, discontinued, I believe. I will replace them in the not too distant future and I want to ask you your thoughts on replacements. I only drive the car 2500 miles a year and I don't track it at all. I want an agressive looking tread, yet I want a quiet tire. I am familiar with the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus, but thought I would ask about other options.
    Thank you
    Max Goforth
    Simpsonville, SC

Yes | No

Re: Tire recommendation for Jim

I have the Pilot Sport AS+ on an E39 and they would work great on the car. Even in aggressive handling they have held up fine. I don't think you will push the all season tire to the limit either. The thing I like about them is they are wearing really well and they are quiet and smooth. They do have a 70.00 mail in rebate on the set of four tires right now.
    If I can help let me know.

Registered Member
    Member No: 18157 jalexanderson is an unknown quantity at this point jalexanderson's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Tire recommendation for Jim

Jim, I have a set of winter tires and wheels for my 2000 540i 6 spd sport but I need to replace my near bald Goodyear F1 GSD3s. I was thinking about the Michelin PS+ AS to extend the seasons so I can keep the original style 66 rims on longer. I don't drive the car that hard as it has 160k miles on it know. My only concern with the all seasons is noise. Still recommend the PS plus? Any rebates currently?

Jay '97 M-73

Yes | No

Re: great Tire

I put the Sport AS+ on my old 750il and was surprised how quiet and smooth they were I knew they were good tires, but they surprised me, and I'm really sensitive to noise and ride comfort specially on my big 7 series ........ these are great tires, they do it all.. quiet-smooth-and good in the rain

Registered Member
    Member No: 138454 joeg3 is an unknown quantity at this point joeg3's Avatar

Yes | No

Tires for 2011 335is Coupe

Jim,

Time for new tires (rears at least). Currently running Bridgestone Potenza RE050A RFT's. Should I just replace the rears or are there significantly better options if I replace all 4. If I move away from RFT's is goop and a compressor reliable enough to keep me out of trouble? I do run dedicated snows (non RFT) in the winter. Thanks

joeg3
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 199.94.160.6

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information