+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 121477 pfsutter is an unknown quantity at this point pfsutter's Avatar

Yes | No

Computer problem? several things at same time

My 97 750iL recently had several things go wrong at once and was wondering if they are related to a computer problem or something I could fix. Speedometer stopped workingand the odometer as stuck at 185k, back up sensors stopped working, dsc feature disabled and light came on, antilock light came on, S EDC button doesnt work, and finally the gas gauge is acting crazy. Before I go to a repair shop and have someone run me through the ringer, I wanted to see if you guys knew of anything that could cause this? I love the car and want to drive it several more years as it only has 185k miles on it. Thanks for any insight.
    Paul

BigBimmer

Yes | No

Sounds like a bad battery or ignition switch

Registered Member
    Member No: 58142 ROYinGA is an unknown quantity at this point ROYinGA's Avatar

Yes | No

Weak old batteries or failing ignition switches

can cause all sorts of Gremlins to appear. The IG switch is not expensive and is not hard to replace and sometimes helps a lot. The DIY is probably on e38.org. DO check the battery like BB said.

Registered Member
    Member No: 121477 pfsutter is an unknown quantity at this point pfsutter's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Sounds like a bad battery or ignition switch

Looks like a ground wire (to the alt) gone bad. I'll keep you posted. Thanks! Glad I didnt pay for a diagnostic.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information