+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 108840 AussieBob is on a distinguished road AussieBob's Avatar

Yes | No

1st time stopped by a cop - but still no Ticket

Pulled over for the 1st time in the M3 today. The unmarked car Cop asked what was the speed limit and what speed was I doing. I responded with the correct speed limit and that I was travelling about the speed limit.

I asked him what speed was I doing, but he couldn't tell me

He checked my licence,said the speed-trap car was back up the road and he will have to check if they have my speed. He asked for a contact number indicating he will call when he's back at the station if I've got a tioket - no call came yesterday.

So was he part of the speed-trap or just a concerned plain-clothes officer acting on his own who wanted to give me a bit of a rattle?

At least he didn't say "it's lonely out here"

Registered Member
    Member No: 108840 AussieBob is on a distinguished road AussieBob's Avatar

Yes | No

Another cop flashed headlights at me - WTF?

Mid afternoon, driving "about the speed limit" and a marked police car travelling towards me flashed his headlights at me from about 150m away. I held my speed and we drove past each other. I looked out my tinted closed window as he passed by but couldn't make out what the fuss was all about. I didn't notice him turn on his flashing lights and do a U-turn after me so again no problems.

But what does the flashing headlights mean ????

If he had me for speeding why not pull me over and give me a ticket? If he did a warning flash because he knew or believed I was speeding, good, but what does the flashing headlights mean?
    Should I pull over and stop? Slow down to a snail's pace? Change my underpants ???? The modern days of policing are very odd and have changed over the past 20 years in Australia NSW anyway. So have the fines and registration charges.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information