+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 182281 needhelpwithtop is an unknown quantity at this point needhelpwithtop's Avatar

Yes | No

Need help with 328i top

My top will not go down. Have disengaged motors and re engaged motors. The light to put the top down is flashing(meaning the top is not locked down in place) and when i push the button there is a loud clicking noise coming from near the motors in the back that wont stop unless i turn the car off. Can anyone help me with this issue?

Registered Member
    Member No: 182281 needhelpwithtop is an unknown quantity at this point needhelpwithtop's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Need help with 328i top

The car is a 1999

oc330cic

Yes | No

Re: Need help with 328i top

Take a look at the old posts in the group bmwconvertible over in Yahoo. I've found that group to have more information about convertible top problems.

The most common cause of problems in E46 convertible roofs is probably loss of the hydraulic fluid due to leakage. I've never done it myself, but diagnosis is relatively easy - inspect the reservoirs in the trunk for fluid level. Also check the associated tubing for signs of leaks.

Repair/Replace whatever leaks, and refill with new fluid. That sounded a little harder, but (knock on wood) I have never needed to do it myself.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information