+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 111416 Walte is an unknown quantity at this point Walte's Avatar

Yes | No

Anybody with an extra 100K Euro....Yikes

Registered Member
    Member No: 89637 mlweaver is an unknown quantity at this point mlweaver's Avatar

Yes | No

what kind of transmission?

I'm not familiar with "shift-tronic" by Alpina. It looks like maybe a step-tronic but with a standard 6-speed boot and center console around the the shifter. Anybody know about this?

Only 100 euro per kilometer driven ...
    Mark W in mid-MO
    2008 335xi coupe
    1993 850Ci 6-speed

2 turbos ..................or 12 cylinders, no waiting!

Registered Member
    Member No: 7754 rogbmw is an unknown quantity at this point rogbmw's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Anybody with an extra 100K Euro....Yikes

According to the Alpina Archive site, only one B12 5.0 and two B12 5.7 Coupes were produced by Alpina in Silver. Note the low KM. Break the bank!94 850CSi

Registered Member
    Member No: 12258 ynot is an unknown quantity at this point ynot's Avatar

Yes | No

an impressive transmission

Alpina's Shift-Tronic is an electronic clutch management system. A true manual gearbox where you must shift gears (unlike steptronic) but the clutch is engaged automatically. The complete clutch cycle can be done in 30ms!
    This car was part of a collection and has only ONE thousand km on the clock. I know this dealer, Reinhard Klei▀ler in that I have spoken to him and looked at his cars over the past 10 years. He often has the sweetest E31's on his lot.
    The Alpina B12 5.7 Coupe is arguably the most prized E31. There were only 57 produced. They had 416 bhp, 570 Nm of torque and a top speed of 300 km/hr.

Tony

Registered Member
    Member No: 56726 lezonebay is an unknown quantity at this point lezonebay's Avatar

Yes | No

thats BS. 130+ USD for an E31 ? not now not ever

thats crazy. a lot of much better cars can be purchased for less money.

A Ferrari M456GT runs circles around the E31 with look and performance and can be purchased for well under 90k usd.

and don't even get me on prestige and long term values... Alpina or not its a 70k usd car on any day... the most.

but the world is big and stupid people with loads of money does exist. Maybe one of them has an E31 fetish...

Anyway back to the vacation time.... greeting from the Smokey Mountain...

Registered Member
    Member No: 147046 dusty21 is an unknown quantity at this point dusty21's Avatar

Yes | No

With that price my $9k 850i really looks good

Despite the fact I had to spend $25k to get it right.

The E31 IS a good looking car, maybe someday a classic

Registered Member
    Member No: 14343 jgspencer is an unknown quantity at this point jgspencer's Avatar

Yes | No

Background Information -

Registered Member
    Member No: 7754 rogbmw is an unknown quantity at this point rogbmw's Avatar

Yes | No

Correction on number of Silver B12 Coupes

I just found out (Thanks Jud!) that there were in fact 5 Silver B12 5.0/5.7 Coupes produced by Alpina. Here is the breakdown:

B12 5.0 Coupe: Total of one silver Coupe produced: Sterling Silver (code 244)

B12 5.7 Coupe: Total of four silver cars produced: One Sterling Silver (code 244) (The car now for sale at Kliesser), and three Artic Silver (code 309).

Hope this helps.
    94 850CSi

Registered Member
    Member No: 89637 mlweaver is an unknown quantity at this point mlweaver's Avatar

Yes | No

thanks for the info!

Mark W in mid-MO
    2008 335xi coupe
    1993 850Ci 6-speed

2 turbos ..................or 12 cylinders, no waiting!

nyguy

Yes | No

It only has 600 miles/1000km

alison

Yes | No

WOW!! SPECTACULAR car!

Bryan in CLT

Yes | No

SWEET - I'll add it to my Xmas wish list :)

http://m850csi.com/wp/euro-csi-meets-alpina-b12-57/

Someone said before you likely could not get a Alpina E31 5.7 in the US, but I found this link above of one...so I guess someone made it happen. I'd like to see 2 in the US with the other in my garage, but not this lifetime.

Dirtboy Nay

Yes | No

Re: thats BS. 130+ USD for an E31 ? not now not ever

Laszlo you don't know me, because i hardly ever leave comments. So let me formally introduce myself. My name is Nay. I started out with a 83633csi in 91 wished for but never got my hands on the car of my desires which was an still is the E24 m6. Settle for 89 M3 in 93 still have it. Went thru various other mfgs. Introduced to e31 in 98. Acquired my 1st e31 850i 6spd Calypso with 86k in 99. Spent over 20k in repairs to stealers thru 6years. Always reliable never left me stranded. I still have it. In 04 i bought another one 91 850i 6spd Silver/Lt Grey with 43k. Crashed in 05 Oct. Idiot made illegal left an paid for it. Personal injury and car. Still have it. In 06 i bought another one. This on is a 93 850ci auto Blk/Grey with 37k. Still own it. All this to say i have to disagree with you. I know there are alot of pretty automobiles out there. But the 8 represents style, class and finesse. It's a timeless piece of machinery underpowered i grant you. But i fell no way pulling up to a cat in a Ferrari, Lambo ,Aston or any other whip for that matter. As long as that 8 is clean you will get the respect the automobile deserves when it pulls up believe me. 100k nah but who want to pay that much for any car anyway.

Registered Member
    Member No: 56726 lezonebay is an unknown quantity at this point lezonebay's Avatar

Yes | No

each to its own. I do like the E31 but it has its

limits. I had a pleasure of owning the 850csi although not the european version, but that car was the one that turned me away from the E31.
    It made me realize that there are cars in that price range that are better, more beautiful and more powerful.
    If you buy an E31 in a 10-25,000price range thats a value which not much cars can match. But 100k euro ? thats not E31 territory. I do not argue about the E31's status nor do I want to suggest that it is a bad or ugly car. Its simply not a 100k euro car. No matter what alpina or anybody did to it.

a ferrari does not need anything and will represent a status and a style not many car maker can challenge. A Porsche will do similar effect, a 911 will always demand respect.

imho if I would have a 100grand to spend on A CAR, it will NOT be an E31. Not an alpina nor schnitzer nor any E31.

I prefer Ferrari's and will always like them. Italian cars have been one of the most beautiful cars and Ferrari is the pinnacle of them.

I also like British cars style but hate their reliability which I might add is changing. The newer ones - thanks to their foreign brand owners - are much better. a Current Jag or Aston will not remind you of their 80's quality.

long story short, I owned 3 E31's and still own 1 and will probably own one or more, they are nowhere near the 100k euro mark and will probably never reach that value ever.

this particular car is a great example which I would love to own, but not at that price range.

I'm surprised that you own 3 of them, I would think 1 is enough but each to its own. I currently own 4 BMW's and each has different purpose. I'm in a process of adding 2 more to the fleet which will be again a completely different from the rest. I like variety in my cars :-)

Good to hear from you, any owner with 3 E31's have made a point already with the purchase !

1997 BMW 840CiA
    1990 BMW Z1
    1999 BMW 528iT (Hauler mobile)
    2002 Astro Van AWD
    2003 Nissan 350Z Enthusiast Package
    1987 BMW 535i with 5spd manual (for sale)
    1992 BMW 735iL (needs head and interior)
    1977 BMW 320i (project racecar)
    2007 Mazda CX9 AWD (Wife mobile)
    1998 Yamaha Blaster+Breeze

1995 850CSI CD00177 (SOLD)

chromeowner

Yes | No

Cheap at twice the price. Don't listen to those

guys talking the cars down; they're guaranteed to be worth millions someday. So, better get one while it's available; they don't come along very often. And, just coincidentally, if anyone needs any help getting it into the US, drop me a line. The entire Alpina e31 range should have a DOT eligibility number very soon now, and I can handle the entire shipping and DOT/EPA conversion process for the lucky buyer.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information