+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 118242 robinson.de is an unknown quantity at this point robinson.de's Avatar

Yes | No

Navigation system and tinted windows - help

Hi Folks, I'm new to this forum since selling my Z3 and purchasing a Z4. Hopefully somebody can help me with my problem. The nav system can't detect exactly where I am. Sometimes it's close and other times it has me somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean. The maps seem to be OK. I have a 2007 coupe with tinted windows ... not factory tinting. I suspect that this may be my problem. Has anyone else had this problem?

Registered Member
    Member No: 95616 scottpettit is an unknown quantity at this point scottpettit's Avatar

Yes | No

Did this problem exist before the....

windscreen was tinted?

It could also be a sync issue with the software. I highly suggest that you ask BMW if there was a recall on your nav system for this issue.

Finally, have you sat with the car parked, and had the nav unit "find you"? It may just be a simple reset issue. I base this idea on the fact that over the years and several portable nav systems, the occasional reset seems to be a cure all.

Scott Pettit

www.zscca.org

www.zfest.com

robinson.de

Yes | No

Don't know ... just bought the car.

Thanks Scott. The Buffalo dealer (before I crossed into Canada) said that it was a software issue, and no recall issue. They say that the disk is too old and must be replaced. I will try the reset trick though.
    Any recommendations on where to get a new disk? Dealer?

Registered Member
    Member No: 95616 scottpettit is an unknown quantity at this point scottpettit's Avatar

Yes | No

Dealer is the only place that I know of.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information