+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 182440 ben9202 is an unknown quantity at this point ben9202's Avatar

Yes | No

hot/cold switch doesn't work

My hot/cold switch had been sticking for the last 6 months. Finally yesterday when I went to turn it, I heard a pop, and now the switch spins freely, but the cooling remains on coldest. I guess I broke something. How hard is it to fix, and how does one do it?
    Thank you

Registered Member
    Member No: 13295 bryanclar is on a distinguished road bryanclar's Avatar

Yes | No

Mine broke ten years ago...

...so it was under warranty at the time (Actually I think mine was the circulation switch that controls head/feet/defrost, but they're all on the same unit). There's a cable back there that binds over time and graphite lube seems to help prevent the problem. That would have been helpful for you to know before it snapped. You'll likely have to remove the center console which isn't too bad...if you've done it before. It can be a total pain the first time...and really scary when you step back and see a naked car. I don't know which parts you need offhand (just the cable hopefully). If you don't have the Bentley manual, now's the time to get it. Maybe someone else can chime in with more details.

www.texzan.com

97 2.8 Arctic Silver - Tanin Red interior with wood console - black top

Whalen Shift Machine, polished - Type II windscreen (non roll-hoops) - Bilstein HD shocks/struts
    Axxis Metal Master pads - Brembo rotors - Doug Whalen seat bushings
    Passenger Eject (unfortunately non-functional) - OEM Passenger Airbag Disable switch
    Polk Audio all around - Blaupunkt PA amps - LeatherZ Mark II armrest - Strong Strut Trio

Registered Member
    Member No: 13295 bryanclar is on a distinguished road bryanclar's Avatar

Yes | No

Be prepared for this...

CLICK FOR MORE INFO

www.texzan.com

97 2.8 Arctic Silver - Tanin Red interior with wood console - black top

Whalen Shift Machine, polished - Type II windscreen (non roll-hoops) - Bilstein HD shocks/struts
    Axxis Metal Master pads - Brembo rotors - Doug Whalen seat bushings
    Passenger Eject (unfortunately non-functional) - OEM Passenger Airbag Disable switch
    Polk Audio all around - Blaupunkt PA amps - LeatherZ Mark II armrest - Strong Strut Trio

Registered Member
    Member No: 159985 stluciez3 is an unknown quantity at this point stluciez3's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: hot/cold switch doesn't work

I know this doesn't help you, but others may benefit. I noticed resistance in mine when I tried for heat last winter, so I just moved it a little at a time while driving until it freed up. It doesn't get much use here in south FL.

Mracer1

Yes | No

Re: hot/cold switch doesn't work

If it is broken on the knob side with the three dials I have several new ones from the race cars I will sell you one for a lot less than the dealer

Registered Member
    Member No: 90386 Monolith is an unknown quantity at this point Monolith's Avatar

Yes | No

Looks like Mpire will fix the broken arm for $15

See the DIY post here:

http://www.[Oops!].com/forums/showpost.php?p=5361372&postcount=74

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information