Registered Member
    Member No: 147502 Z4LBI is an unknown quantity at this point Z4LBI's Avatar

Yes | No

Yokohama Tires

Registered Member
    Member No: 147502 Z4LBI is an unknown quantity at this point Z4LBI's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Yokohama Tires

Anybody tried the new Yokohama Run Flats? I just replaced the original Bridgestone Runflats on my 2003 2.5i with Yokohama Advan Sport ZPS run flats (size 225/50R16). I run Blizzak's in the winter, however this car rarely sees any kind of bad weather (I'm only at 33K miles) - dog precludes using the car when wife is with me (not enough room for all 3 of us) so unfortunately it doesn't get used as often as we'd like. The Blizzaks are like night and day when its wet or sloppy out vs the Bridgestones (dedicated Summer tires vs dedicated winter). Bought them primarily for use a few years back when my son began driving (I used Z-4 while he used my wife's car and she used my car) until we added another car to the fleet.

Bridgestone Potenza's tramlined terribly and were miserable in any kind of heavy rain - car never felt stable - always felt like you were hydroplaning, hence the decision to switch brands. Up until this year the only option in this size was the Bridgestones.

So far only drove a few miles on the new tires, however my initial reaction is that the car is less jittery. I'll post additional comments once I have some miles on them.

John Oo

Yes | No

Re: Yokohama Tires

"Bridgestone Potenza's tramlined terribly" - couldn't agree with you more. I got a set of Khumos Ecsta (Summer) and they were SO much better.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information