+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 182624 OhioBaker is an unknown quantity at this point OhioBaker's Avatar

Yes | No

E46 error codes 90 and 104

I recently disconnected the battery on my '01 325xi to change the passenger side window regulator. After I got the replacement in, I popped the cable back on the battery and didn't tighten it (stupid, I know), so I could make sure the window was working. When I turned the key, the car went dead again because of the lack of solid battery connection.
    After that, the DCS, ABS and brake light came on yellow and have been on for the past week. I checked the fuses listed for these in the glove box and they were okay.
    An independent tried resetting the codes today, however, they kept coming back. Code 90 is for the ABS system down fault and code 104 is the steering angle sensor.
    I'm thinking I shorted out another fuse when I put the key in position 1 without proper battery attachment.
    Thoughts anyone? Thanks in advance.

Unregistered

Yes | No

Did you find the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by OhioBaker View Post
    I recently disconnected the battery on my '01 325xi to change the passenger side window regulator. After I got the replacement in, I popped the cable back on the battery and didn't tighten it (stupid, I know), so I could make sure the window was working. When I turned the key, the car went dead again because of the lack of solid battery connection.
    After that, the DCS, ABS and brake light came on yellow and have been on for the past week. I checked the fuses listed for these in the glove box and they were okay.
    An independent tried resetting the codes today, however, they kept coming back. Code 90 is for the ABS system down fault and code 104 is the steering angle sensor.
    I'm thinking I shorted out another fuse when I put the key in position 1 without proper battery attachment.
    Thoughts anyone? Thanks in advance.
    Hello did you find out what the problem was because i have the same problem?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 83.227.95.94

User Level 1
    Member No: 197936 JERRYTROM is an unknown quantity at this point JERRYTROM's Avatar

Yes | No
    I had the same problem and I disconnected and reconnected the battery. the DCS,ABS and brake light still was on. After one day I pulled out onto main road and accelerated while turning left. The lights went off at that moment and have not come back on in over a week. all seems ok now.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 173.71.198.168

User Level 1
    Member No: 197936 JERRYTROM is an unknown quantity at this point JERRYTROM's Avatar

Yes | No
    This went to the wrong thread, should have gone to the guy with those lights on after battery disconnect!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 173.71.198.168

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information