+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 95616 scottpettit is an unknown quantity at this point scottpettit's Avatar

Yes | No

future ZFest Locations....sorta long...

As many on this forum have expressed, we would all love to see ZFest "come to a location near you". The decision as to where it should be held is not just just based on location, weather or time of year. It is based on WHO is willing to take on what can be a very daunting task.

Last year, the Canes took it on and made it their own in Ohio. This year, I am working my backside off to ensure that every mile you drive to get to Valencia, is work the trip.

The common theme here is that it took someone to step up to the plate and then set their family and jobs aside to put in the time that it takes to make the event happen.

in 2011, ZFest comes to Texas. Why? Because someone stepped up to the plate and is working their arse off to make it a reality.

If you would like to see ZFest come to your favorite part of the country, let the ZSCCA know WHO is gonna make it happen, WHERE you want to make it happen, WHEN you want to make it happen and WHO is gonna bring it to reality.

If the ZSCCA doesn't satisfy you and let you live your dream, put something together on your own but be prepared for a possible rude awakening.

The venues want you to provide insurance. Multi million dollar policies are about 2k for the weekend. Hotels want minimum guarantees for rooms and meals. You don't sell 'em-you still pay for them. Museums, tours restaurants all want guarantees and many of them require deposits. Who is going to front the money? Advertising. Graphics. Decor. Sound systems. Entertainment. VIP's and guests. Countless emails from those who are excited and appreciative and from those who can't attend and blame it on you for holding it when and where you have it planned. Souvenir tee shirts. Contests and Prizes. The list goes on and on. Oh yea, there are drives, clinics and vendors that have be planned and executed. And what do you do if the weather changes? The list goes on and on and on....

Why would somebody want to do all of this? Who knows. Al I can say is that I am doing this NOT for the ZSCCA and NOT for Make A Wish. I AM doit it for YOU. The ZSCCA will benefit (hopefully) from some recognition. Make A Wish will benefit (hopefully again) through your generosity. But the most important goal throughout the event is your SATISFACTION.

And if anyone thinks that I am doing this on my own, all I can say is GOD BLESS all of the volunteers who are behind the scenes now but will be IN YOUR FACE during the event. So please, give them a pat on the back when you see them, if they slow down enough for you to touch them.

There is a line from a movie that goes "build it and they will come". If you hold an event, no matter how large or small, folks will attend and I will be one of them.

ZFest is my last act as the ZSCCA President. I am looking forward to making new friends and saying good bye.

Cheers,

Scott Pettit

Registered Member
    Member No: 129371 ZAHEAD is an unknown quantity at this point ZAHEAD's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: future ZFest Locations....sorta long...

Scott,
    Well said. As a long time board member and chairperson of a not for profit organization I can validate all of the issues that Scott has raised with regard to putting on an event, especially in this economy. Many conferences today are just trying to survive...
    2005 Z4 3.0 T Silver, Black interior

Registered Member
    Member No: 95616 scottpettit is an unknown quantity at this point scottpettit's Avatar

Yes | No

To be more specific, many CLUBS...

are just trying to survive. It is not just the events. If their members don't have money to pay their dues, then they certainly are not going to spend it to attend events. It's a lose / lose for everyone and we understand that.

The most important thing for any club to do is NOT WORRY about growing and changing, but to FOCUS on providing a stable level of service with what you already have.

Scott Pettit

Registered Member
    Member No: 86769 2zero is an unknown quantity at this point 2zero's Avatar

Yes | No

Just my thoughts!!

My argument is why take an East Coast party to the West Coast??
    This party has always been East of the Mississippi and should stay there!!

It is kinda unfair to leave all of the east coasters out and bring the party to the handful of West Coasters that have gone in the past!!

I have gone to 6 of the last 7 Homecoming/ZFest! And I believe it should be in a city that has other adult things to do!!

Greenville was nice Cincinnati was OK, but Dallas??

What is there to do in Dallas??

I hope '12 is better than 2010 & 2011 !!
    Although I probably won't own a Z by then so it really won't matter!!1

I hope everyone has fun this year, although I don't know anyone not from CA going!!

Registered Member

Yes | No

Sorry, but I gotta respond...

How selfish can you be?? HC was NEVER an east coast party. It was a Z party. BMW hosted it at the factory because it was a smart and convenient place to have it. But guess what? It was their hope that the "east coast party" as you called it, would travel around the country so that every Z owner had an opportunity to experience the excitement. So I (yea me) assured them that if they supported the ZSCCA decision to take on the challenge, we would bring it to the people and they agreed.

"Leave all of the east coasters out"? If that is way you see it then please understand that west coast has been left out for 13-yes THIRTEEN years and over those THIRTEEN years tons of us have been making a very long and VERY expensive trip to the party. If any ONE demographic deserves to have the party brought to them JUST ONCE, it is the west coast.

What is there to do in Dallas? Read the internet. Or, just come to say hey to the others who make the trip. It is about the people, right? Besides, IF it is held in Dallas next year, I'll go for the simple fact that Texas has a large group come to the west coast and I want to repay the favor.

"I hope that '12 is better than 2010 and 2011!!" What a lame assss statement.

And you don't know anyone not from CA going? Apparently all of your trips to HC and ZFest didn't garner you many friends cuz we have folks from 13 states (including the east coast) and 2 provinces of Canada attending ZFest Los Angeles.

Sssssssssss (sound of steam escaping)

Scott Pettit

Registered Member

Yes | No

Oh yea, I meant to say....

if you want the event to come out your way, step up to the plate and offer to chair the event. That is how it ended up out west...cuz we took on the challenge.

Scott Pettit

Registered Member
    Member No: 86769 2zero is an unknown quantity at this point 2zero's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Sorry, but I gotta respond...

Wether it was by design or happenstance it has always been held on the east coast!!!

While there always were a lot of folks who traveled across the country to homecoming those folks aren't as likely to travel 2000 miles to California!! and as proof the fact that only 70 cars have signed up proves that!!

The last Homecoming had 600!! And 90% of those drove less than 500 miles to get there.

If I still have my Z in 2011 I will go for the people, the friends I made at past Z parties (all of whom aren't going this year) not for the host city. But having a fun city to have the party in with other things to do would be a big plus!!

Scott I do understand bringing the party to the people. And I don't want this to turn into some kinda BS argument!!

But the fact remains the majority of folks at Homecoming were the same people every year and the majority of them won't be in CA this year. And that to me is a hugh mistake because once they start making other plans the chance of getting them back is slim!!

Then ZFest either doesn't make it or becomes something entirely different!!

(Just my opinion!!!!)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information