+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Registered Member
    Member No: 95616 scottpettit is an unknown quantity at this point scottpettit's Avatar

Yes | No

Was that you in the white Z4??....

I'd be interested in talking more about this. Shoot me an email at [email protected]

Personally, I'd love to help plan an event in Alberta or BC. Is the Banff Springs Hotel in your area? The BMW-Vintage Car Club is doing a Canadian tour in 2011 and asked me if I wanted to participate in the Z8 but $$$ is outta my league. I could get a copy of the tour / drives and so forth.

Thanks for attending ZFest. We had as much fun putting it together as folks said that had attending and that is what makes the effort all worthwhile. Did you do the Nethercutt Collection tour? How about the BMW VDC? I stayed at ZFest ground zero and did not get to the tours so I guess that I will do them the next time that I am in town.

How was your drive home?

Scott Pettit
    President
    BMW-Z Series Car Club of America

Registered Member
    Member No: 183149 Mcbeee is an unknown quantity at this point Mcbeee's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Was that you in the white Z4??....

That was me...Alpine White Z4 s35i
    Home to Calgary was via Phoenix and Santa Fe. The drive was pretty good, as good as most Interstates can be, the car went into "safe" mode for about 5 miles just outside Great Falls, Montana but it cleared itself and started working fine after that...No rain and sunny all the way until Alberta...then it got cold and cloudy...it's still raining now.
    The Banff Springs hotel is 70 miles west of me, and very expensive. Also the speed limit in the National Park is 90kmh(55mph) and the tourists make it very hard to drive even 55. We do have some very scenic drives but no twisty's that I can think of ... that aren't gravel. We are rock chip heaven, that's why my Z4 was probably the only one at ZFest with mudguards on it..
    I did the Nethercutt but not the VDC. Went to the canyons instead ...great fun. Dallas may be a bit far for me but we'll see..

Had a great time in LA,
    Think about the idea of the Exec doing the meat of the ZFest planning and then smaller outfits may not be afraid to step up for the local details etc.

Ciao
    Michael

Registered Member
    Member No: 95616 scottpettit is an unknown quantity at this point scottpettit's Avatar

Yes | No

I am gonna look in to it...

Registered Member
    Member No: 86769 2zero is an unknown quantity at this point 2zero's Avatar

Yes | No

Scott.....

I thought you were stepping down as president of the ZSCCA at/after ZFest and Chris Wooten was going to be the new president??

Reading your last posts it doesn't seem that has happened??

Registered Member

Yes | No

I was asked by a ton of folks to stay...

and for many other organizational reasons, I am. And after the board meeting this coming Tuesday, the members of the board who did not attend ZFest will know why also.

Scott Pettit

Registered Member
    Member No: 86769 2zero is an unknown quantity at this point 2zero's Avatar

Yes | No

Gottcha!! Congrats!!

Registered Member

Yes | No

Shoot me an email one of these days....

and I'd be happy to chat with you more about it.

[email protected]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information