+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 163777 bonbon is an unknown quantity at this point bonbon's Avatar

Yes | No

Please Help!! Left trunk trim... urgggghhhh

I purchased a new left trunk trim for my BMW Z3 '98 M44 (vehicle production code CH71). The car does not have a CD changer but has an electric roof.
    The part number is #1 in the realoem link below PN#51478399493 and on the back of the part - Stankiewicz 776468-10 8399-493-04
    http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=CH71&mospid=48079&btnr=51_2379&hg=51&fg=65

This part does NOT clear the roof motor in my trunk. This part must be for a car w/o an electric roof.

Can anyone please advise what the correct part number is for my car which has an electric roof without CD charger.

HELP!!!!! What part# came with my car when it was purchased???

Registered Member
    Member No: 13295 bryanclar is on a distinguished road bryanclar's Avatar

Yes | No

good question...

Do you have the original panel? Check for a PN on it if so.

If not, at this point I would call a good dealer. You can try huskerbmw.com. Those guys have been good to me and give a CCA discount. The parts guy is pretty knowledgable...although this is a tricky one.

It's hard to tell from the picture but the "E-M folding top" would be my guess for power top (electric-mechanism??). The CD changer shouldn't affect this piece, it's on the right side. Then again, I really don't have a clue so you might not put too much stake into what I'm typing here! Good luck.

97 2.8 Arctic Silver - Tanin Red interior with wood console - black top
    Whalen Shift Machine, polished - Type II windscreen (non roll-hoops) - Bilstein HD shocks/struts
    Axxis Metal Master pads - Brembo rotors - Doug Whalen seat bushings
    Passenger Eject (unfortunately non-functional) - OEM Passenger Airbag Disable switch
    Polk Audio all around - Blaupunkt PA amps - LeatherZ Mark II armrest - Strong Strut Trio - AUX input via tapedeck

Registered Member
    Member No: 163777 bonbon is an unknown quantity at this point bonbon's Avatar

Yes | No

Correct part

I was just advised by the trim manufacturer that the correct part for a vehicle with a rear trim w/o CD changer is PN 51478401855

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information