+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4
Thread: 1993 740iL shocks
08-27-2010 09:00 PM #1
09-11-2010 11:30 AM #2
possible to replace LAD, see here
Rear Self-Leveling Suspension Elimination Kit
APPLICABLE TO KIT # APPLICATIONS:
SLELIM KIT-E32 5 Ser. '89 thru '96
SLELIM KIT-E34M 735i/il 9/87 thru '94
740i/il & 750il '88 thru '94
ADDITIONAL PARTS REQUIRED FOR USE WITH ELIMINATION KIT:
*Rear springs for a NON self-leveling version of the application OR a set of sport springs (Eibach, R/D, etc.) for a NON self-leveling
version of the application.
*Rear shocks for a NON self-leveling version of the application
In preparation for performing this job, the vehicle must be raised and properly supported so that the rear suspension has all vehicle weight removed and is hanging freely.
1. Disconnect the hydraulic hose, at each side,running between the rear shock and the accumulator (mounted to the rear inner fender
well), at the accumulator. (See Figure 1)
2. Remove the rear shock and spring assemblies including the upper mounts.
3. Use the included plugs to plug the accumulators where the hose was previously installed.
Wrap the plug threads with teflon thread sealing tape before installing. (See Figure 1)
4. Disconnect the attaching lever and connecting link from the swaybar and the hydraulic regulator valve. (See Figure 2)
NOTE: Plugging the accumulators as described above, is the easiest method of capping off the hydraulic system. If you wish to
remove more of the, now non-functional, hydraulic components there are a couple of options, as follows:
a) Remove the accumulators, hoses and hardware up to the regulator, leaving the regulator attached to the supply and return
hoses (from the engine driven pump). Plug the outlet of the regulator. (See Figure 3)
b) Connect the supply and return hoses together in the engine compartment near the pump and remove all other hardware.
5. Assemble the new spring and shock assembly using the new hardware from the Elimination Kit. (See Figure 4)
6. Install new spring & shock assembly into the car.Shogun E32 Tech Tips: http://twrite.org/shogunnew/topmenu.html
12-07-2010 12:02 AM #3
12-23-2010 11:04 PM #4
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)