+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I came back

D.R.Smith

Yes | No

I came back

After 4 years without I just bought a 1999 2.3.I had forgotten how much fun these cars are. I had a 98 1.9 and a 99 2.3 then in 96 I went to the hot rod and restored route,I still have a 1954 ford panel,but the z car is a nice addition.Now to do all the little mods to make it right. Fog/Fong air box,tip the seat back,takeout the hump for more leg room,and try and remember what to do with the drivers seat to keep it from moving back and forth,it seems like there is a bushing or something,Oh well its great to be back.

Registered Member
    Member No: 6581 jtp is an unknown quantity at this point jtp's Avatar

Yes | No

I wouldn't tackle the air box

Fogging the airbox did a lot for the 1.9s and Fonging did a little for the 2.8s. But the 2.3 got very little, if any, benefit from the surgery. Not worth the time, IMHO.

As for the seats, you need Doug Whalen's Delrin bushings. Plenty of info in the archives.

Welcome back!

JTP
    '00 Bright Red II, Black, Black 2.3

PERFORMANCE: Dinan Stage II suspension, Dinan strut tower brace, Porterfield R4S brake pads, Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 tires, UNGO MS8300 alarm, Doug Whalen Seat Bushings, Sylvania Silverstar headlights and fog lights. MAINTENANCE: Peake Research R5/fcx-II and SRS Reset Tools, Mity-Vac oil evacuator w/ brake bleeder, BMW Battery Tender. COSMETICS: Dinan Badge, OEM chrome exhaust tips, Magnetic stone guards, Roundel valve stem caps, Trunk-mounted Dragon sticker, WI plates: RES IPSA. COMFORT: Premium Package, Heated sport seats, “Z3 Roadster” heated vest (for wife), In-dash CD, LeatherZ MarkII armrest, OEM mesh windscreen. CAR CARE: Porter Cable random orbit buffer, Meguiars car care products, NOAH car cover, Plexus, Raggtop. EXTRAS: Z3Solutions warning triangle.

My Home Page

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information