+ Reply to Thread

Thread: headlights

mike

Yes | No

headlights

Hi Guys, my headlights on my 2001 X5 are only coming up half way so I only have light up about 15 feet in front at night. When they worked correctly they would come up half way, hesitate for about a second and then open fully. Anyone know of the remedy for this? Thank you

floydr

Yes | No

Re: headlights

Auto-levelling system is broke. There are some links attached to the rear suspension that drive the system. One is probably broken or detached. Look at http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=FB53&mospid=47747&btnr=33_1303& hg=33&fg=30

floydr

Yes | No

Or, the headlight adjusting mechanism is broken

Robert Platt Bell

Yes | No

On front end as well?

There is one of these dinguses on the front end of my 2002 X5. Same deal? I don't have load leveling.

I was wondering if adjusting it would adjust the headlights, which seem to aim low (HID).

Thoughts?

Registered Member
    Member No: 6805 hlgilbert is an unknown quantity at this point hlgilbert's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: On front end as well?

FWIW, I didn't like the HIDs aimed at the ground and they wouldn't adjust up any further with the screws, so I loosened the housings and pushed them up and tightened the holding bolts back down while holding them aimed high, then adjusted the headlights down with the screws to a good attitude. Then had my daughter drive my car while I drove in front and oncoming to make sure they weren't too high. Now they are just right. Except they need polishing. The next time I see a Wal Mart. Isn't that where you had yours done?

Robert Platt Bell

Yes | No

Wal Mart - yes

I had it done at the Wal Mart in Brunswick, GA and for $40 they did a nice job. That was 6 months ago and they still look good.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information