+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 86153 sirtweakalot is an unknown quantity at this point sirtweakalot's Avatar

Yes | No

Never Underestimate the power of stock stereo

I was on the lonely 2lane rural highway the goes around Lake Elsinore after midnight the windows rolled down listening to Bryan Ferry on the stock BMW rear speakers.The fronts are blown so Ive got just the stock rear pair going (not exactly boomin' profane hip-hop normally associated with likely offenders) and passed by a Sheriffs patrol car parked on the other side of the street.

They sat there till I got about 1/4 mile away before storming up to me then following 1 car length away with the brights on. They stayed like that for about a mile before redlghting me.So I stopped made exit arms out, back to them....all these orders ironically barked out their bullhorn atop their car.

"I was only going 42mph MAX".I protested as I walked backwards to them not looking at theem -as ordered.

"No sir you are being cited with LOUD MUSIC"

"on an open hwy at Midnight?" I was floored

Then he asked if I had drugs or weapons in my car.I assured him I did not.

He asked if I would mind if they had a look, I said I rather not. "So This Is a REFUSAL?".he yells.

"No I simply don't want to give up my 4th amendment rights and don't want my new car molested.It was 9/11 just yesterday"

At this point he stuck me in the squad car for about 40min while they went all through every nook n cranny, dinking the mounting tabs on the trunk carpet panels and cracking my euro emergency triangle.He found absolutely nothing and gave me the bogus LOUD MUSIC ticket anyway.

That LOUD MUSIC ticket was a big ruse on the Sheriffs part for an easy excuse to gain Probable Cause.The criteria for this law is if you can hear music from 50feet away from the vehicle, you are in violation That's it.

No decibel reading.nothing but the cop saying LOUD MUSIC
    nothing to prove in court

Funny the law states specifically loud "music" .So I guess if you were crankin talk radio, religious programming or just random sound effects and cartoon noises you'd be good to go

Not a point violation more like a seatbelt ticket.Still it'll likely be $75-100bucks.Not something I should have to pay

Has anyone else got one of these stupid tickets?
    <b><I>SirTweakAlot</i></b>

currently-
    88 635CSi 5speed

64 1/2 Mustang Convt.,

03 Triumph Daytona/Speed Triple

retired-
    85 u.s. 635CSi,
    84 euro 635CSi,
    83 u.s. 633CSi
    http://youtube.com/profile?user=SirTweakAlot

mrGoodson

Yes | No

Wow!

I'm sorry that happened to you.

What a douche.

Dman635

Yes | No

Re: Never Underestimate the power of stock stereo

Sounds like a typical cop. Way to bored and nothing better to do.

Registered Member
    Member No: 39390 Edgeman is an unknown quantity at this point Edgeman's Avatar

Yes | No

Do you think he would have given you a ticket if..

you would have granted him access to search your vehicle? Just wondering if that just POed him, so he gave you a ticket just to show his anger (and his dominance over "common" citizens?

Vox Day recently had a good editorial on police abuse - mentioning the LVPD tazing & gunning down a concealed carry person while he was shopping in Costco. The man also never drew his weapon, nor provoked the police in any type of threatening manner.

Cheers!
    John
    85 M635CSi
    86 657CSi
    08 XRunner

Registered Member
    Member No: 40675 winfieldw is an unknown quantity at this point winfieldw's Avatar

Yes | No

With violent crime in California running in the

top 10 of the country, you would think that "real" law-enforcement
    professioanls would be trying to nab "real" criminals.

However, the sad fact is that in these inflatioanry times, municpalities, counties, the state (and the feds) are strapped for cash, so they are issuing the "easy" infractures to feed the coffers.

It is kinda a catch 22, because one of the largest expenses these governments have is the retired pay and health benefits for retired officers.

Sorry you got the ticket. Maybe you should follow HIM and turn him in for not signaling a turn or no seat belt, etc

heh, heh, heh

Registered Member
    Member No: 25191 tunaoue is an unknown quantity at this point tunaoue's Avatar

Yes | No

Okay to refuse.

Alan,
    One of my son's friend's got pulled over for speeding. Cop asked if he could search the car, the friend said "Okay".
    They found a pistol, some perscription drugs that didn't have his name, and an inoperative right signal light. The friend got fines for several hundred dollars.

My son told him, in the future, say no. CLEARLY say NO.
    In your case, the officer intimidated you.
    He Yelled: "Is this a REFUSAL?", and you said "No, blah, blah, blah(it doesn't matter what you say after you said NO) which means "Yes, search my car."

Your presumption of probable cause is probably incorrect.
    Based on your story, you folded under pressure.

You're old enough to know that you can get a speeding ticket in any car. You also know you can get a ticket for playing your music too loud. (At your age, why are you cranking the radio around MIDNIGHT??? WTF? I'm a grandfather, and you're OLDER than me!!) You put yourself at risk, and badmouth the cops. maybe the cops deserve some heat, but someone else started it.
    Own up to your screw up.

Registered Member
    Member No: 86153 sirtweakalot is an unknown quantity at this point sirtweakalot's Avatar

Yes | No

Nope, your wrong, it was always a no

In California we have an implied consent law which means by applying for and using a Ca Drivers license you are consenting to a field sobriety test if directed to by an officer of the law.Failure to do THAT is considered a REFUSAL and is an arrestable offense in an of itself.

I did not fold under pressure, quite the opposite.This jerk was trying to use semantics to scare a less informed person into thinking they have some right to search.

I called him on it. You have a right NOT to be searched .Consenting to a search you give up those rights and can be searched as much as they want from then on.

I made sure he knew I was aware of the fact that the only way he can legally search is if I give up my 4th amendment rights.I am not giving those up & you DON"T my permission to do search. In court his attempt to weasel on recognizing my rights will be the fact that he detained me in his vehicle.effectively putting me in custody.Had he found anything it wouldn't have been admissible in court anyway.I could not have been clearer he just tried to get around <b><I>SirTweakAlot</i></b>

currently-
    88 635CSi 5speed

64 1/2 Mustang Convt.,

retired-
    85 u.s. 635CSi,
    84 euro 635CSi,
    83 u.s. 633CSi

Registered Member
    Member No: 108798 Alex325is is an unknown quantity at this point Alex325is's Avatar

Yes | No

Perhaps I'm misinformed

but I thought that the 4th was a bit of a gray area relative to cars/drivers - police having the ability to search given probable cause in order to "protect the greater good," with "refusal" giving a cascading effect to ending up as described (or similar). I'm not saying who's in the "right" here - personally think the cops were jerks in this case - but was of the understanding that this is just how things are...

Alex 1983 635csi - saphirblau metallic
    1985 635csi - black

Registered Member

Yes | No

The Black n' Whites engineer the Grey area

The 4th is by no means ironclad . In the past....and there have several times I've had cops chomping at the bit to search my car. It seems like letting cops know in a polite fashion you have a pretty good knowledge of law makes things go a lot smoother and in your favor.

I know more than one instance where saying ,"go ahead I got nothing to hide" to the old"Mind if I have a look" led to torn open upholstery.

But then,yelling, "No Way F-ing Pig!,,,Attica!!...Attica!!" is unlikely to bring desired results either

Your demeanor accounts for a lot. Which makes this ticket seem all the more deplorable.<b><I>SirTweakAlot</i></b>

currently-
    88 635CSi 5speed

64 1/2 Mustang Convt.,

retired-
    85 u.s. 635CSi,
    84 euro 635CSi,
    83 u.s. 633CSi

Registered Member
    Member No: 30851 romney88635 is an unknown quantity at this point romney88635's Avatar

Yes | No

Sue.

Seriously. Find some ACLU lawyer looking to make a name, and at the very least make them supply probable cause. If they can't manufacture anything go for a personal suit under the "color of authority" part of US Code. (42 U.S.C. 1983)

As it sounds, they are cold in the wrong, went on a fishing expedition, and came up dry.

Sounds to me like you have a new hobby. :)
    Pacific Sharkfest '02 '03 '05 Veteran
    Original Owner

Flash635

Yes | No

Re: cranking the radio around MIDNIGHT

But it was Bryan Ferry!

I'm curious as to how many dB you can get out of a stock stereo running the back speakers only compared to the regular drive by noise at highway speed.

Alan, you've got a cellphone, right? They've all got voice recorders on them these days, it might be prudent to key it on whenever Mr Plod pulls you over.

I've got my Nokia E71 rigged so the recorder is switched on with the green button on the top right of the keypad.

You probably don't want the cop to see you dicking with your phone though or he'll probably nail you for using it while driving.

Jack 88M6

Yes | No

Re: Cheers for Bryan Ferry...a great one for sure!

Dman635

Yes | No

Re: Cheers for Bryan Ferry...a great one for sure!

Were you Blasting the song "Love is the Drug"? Lake Elsinore is a big Methamphetamine production and salesa area. Maybe the officer was set off by the lyrics to the song. LOL Just my silly opinion.

T'ain't no big t'ing
    to wait for the bell to ring
    T'ain't no big t'ing
    The toll of the bell

Aggravated - spare for days
    I troll downtown the red light place

Jump up bubble up - what's in store
    Love is the drug and I need to score

Showing out, showing out, hit and run
    Boys meet girl, where the beat goes on
    Stitched up tight, can't shake free
    Love is the drug, got a hook on me

Oh oh catch that buzz
    Love is the drug I'm thinking of
    Oh oh can't you see
    Love is the drug for me

Late that night I park my car
    Stake my place in the singles bar
    Face to face, toe to toe
    Heart to heart as we hit the floor
    Lumber up limbo down
    The locked embrace, the stumble round
    I say go, she say yes
    Dim the lights, you can guess the rest

Oh oh catch that buzz
    Oh oh can't you see
    Love is the drug got a hook in me

Oh oh catch that buzz
    Oh oh can't you see
    Love is the drug for me

Oh oh, oh oh
    Oh oh, oh oh
    Oh oh, oh oh
    Oh oh, oh oh
    Oh
    Oh, love is, love is, love is the drug

Lyrics by Bryan Ferry

Jack 88M6

Yes | No

I'm thinking you're spot on with that synopsis!

Registered Member
    Member No: 70851 opiate76 is an unknown quantity at this point opiate76's Avatar

Yes | No

I have a problem with your pullover

Ok, I don't talk, on this board but I gotta say something. I understand you don't get pulled over often, or ever I'm guessing. Take it from someone who has.

First and only problem with your story. The officer buzzed up behind you with the brights on, you knew it was him, why didn't you stop? You didn't think you were in the wrong and were just driving within the speed limit doing your own thing. But, seriously, what did YOU think was going to happen??

ANYCAR that brights and rides my bumper gets a "pass-go-by" or a "stop and talking to", they obviously want to talk. In the case of the officer being there I would have pulled over immediately. I'm sure by the time the red lights went on the officer was pissed. You just weren't thinking like he was thinking, unfortunately you pay the penalty, just know, it could be worse. Should I bring up the Don't tase me bro story?

Registered Member

Yes | No

How did you know I was wearing a pullover

You don't think I get pulled over much? Dude, I am a virtual cop magnet. This LOUD MUSIC fuster cluck makes it 4 tickets since my 82mph in a 65 on my Triumph in June. The 1st appearance date for that onr isn't even till Oct19 and now Ive got THREE more to deal with. If I pulled over in advance everytime a cop was riding my butt
    I don't think Id ever get anywhere.<b><I>SirTweakAlot</i></b>

currently-
    88 635CSi 5speed

64 1/2 Mustang Convt.,

retired-
    85 u.s. 635CSi,
    84 euro 635CSi,
    83 u.s. 633CSi

Registered Member
    Member No: 25191 tunaoue is an unknown quantity at this point tunaoue's Avatar

Yes | No

Fourth citation in three months

Alan,
    Sorry to hear about your trouble with the law . . . again.
    I did not realize. Wonder if it's the kind of car you're driving.
    Maybe it's not the car?
    Maybe it's a notorious neighborhood.

Just remember to be nice to Mr. Officer; because he's here to help.

Sure it wasn't your bother calling the cops on you?
    I remember him doing that in the past.
    Just kiddin' (it was kind of funny though)

Pay the ticket, LAUGH IT OFF, move on with life.
    Take care.

Registered Member
    Member No: 41018 ray_abreu is an unknown quantity at this point ray_abreu's Avatar

Yes | No

I'ts my understanding that after 10 pm, 60% of the

drivers 'pulled' have had something to drink...after midnight over 75%...so in CA the CHP WANT a license plate light to be out! Any excuse to stop you...so driver beware...night time is when the predators are out to kill.Ray 745-635-M635

Registered Member

Yes | No

UPDATE ! written declaration trial results UPDATE!

Did two trials by written declaration submitted to Temecula Courthouse.One for this LOUD MUSIC violation cvc27007

The other violation in my 65 Mustang, on the same stretch of road mind you- The Much More Familiar CVC22350 UNSAFE SPEED

Well, FANTASTIC NEWS!I was found NOT GUILTY......of the speeding ticket.

The LOUD MUSIC? Guilty as charged. Fine $230= two C-notes three sawbucks

NOTE$ for notes E G B D F as in Every Good Bimmer Drives Fast or in this case Every Godawful Bassbeat Deserves Fines.

I still may have a court trial.You actually have the right to a trial in person if you lose the trial by written declaration.

Maybe I'll dress in drag and get Gloria Allred as my mouthpiece....<b><I>SirTweakAlot</i></b>

currently-
    88 635CSi 5speed

64 1/2 Mustang Convt.,

retired-
    85 u.s. 635CSi,
    84 euro 635CSi,
    83 u.s. 633CSi

Shen

Yes | No

Re: UPDATE ! written declaration trial results UPDATE!

Alan I have been trying to get in touch with you. Your old number has been changed and I need to get in touch with you as I here you might have a control unit for my 86. Please email me at [email protected]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information