+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 13295 bryanclar is on a distinguished road bryanclar's Avatar

Yes | No

The Germans love the Z3, too!...

This picture is on the study aid for the German driving test:

The question is "Which car has priority at this intersection?" It's not the Z3, unfortunately, but I still thought it was pretty cool.

BTW, I traded in my rental 318d for another 318d with sport package and navigation (at no charge!!). For a four-banger diesel, this thing isn't bad. The run-flats are a little weird to get used to, as is the lack of throttle response in a diesel (I've never really driven one before). Downshifting is trickier; I can't rev the engine as quickly as a gas engine to match rpms. I have to hold the throttle down instead of "blipping" it quickly, if that makes sense. The iDrive system is quite good. I don't know how the previous generations were, but this newest one works really well.

97 2.8 Arctic Silver - Tanin Red interior with wood console - black top
    Whalen Shift Machine, polished - Type II windscreen (non roll-hoops) - Bilstein HD shocks/struts
    Axxis Metal Master pads - Brembo rotors - Doug Whalen seat bushings
    Passenger Eject (unfortunately non-functional) - OEM Passenger Airbag Disable switch
    Polk Audio all around - Blaupunkt PA amps - LeatherZ Mark II armrest - Strong Strut Trio - AUX input via tapedeck

Registered Member
    Member No: 73453 andrewash is an unknown quantity at this point andrewash's Avatar

Yes | No

3 - 2 - 1 I believe

The car to your right goes first. Since there is no one to the right of the motorcycle, and he is to the right of the hideously lime-green-yellow thingy, who in turn is to the right of the not as well represented in this illustration as it should be Z3, the Z goes last (and fast!)

:)

I am positive I am right unless I am negatively correct! :)
    Read "Through The Esses" on RaceFansTV.com

ashautomobilia.com

TheRaceSite.com

dailysportscar.com

Registered Member

Yes | No

This is how you know it's going to be a good day

I think I like it out here...

Oh yeah, you're right, Ash. Because there are no signs, the car on the right always has priority, regardless of road size, etc.

Whalen Shift Machine, polished - Type II windscreen (non roll-hoops) - Bilstein HD shocks/struts
    Passenger Eject (unfortunately non-functional) - OEM Passenger Airbag Disable switch
    Polk Audio all around - Blaupunkt PA amps - LeatherZ Mark II armrest - Strong Strut Trio - AUX input via tapedeck

Bad Email Address on File
    Member No: 60022 KURTZZ3 is an unknown quantity at this point KURTZZ3's Avatar

Yes | No

Oooohhhh! Ahhhh! Mmmmmm!

2002 Z3 3.0i;black/black;sports package;BMW windbreaker;spoiler guard;LeatherZ armrest;Pinnacle Souveran wax;Whalen Shift Machine;Strongstrut tower brace;Alpine CDA-9847 CD;Alpine KCA-420i iPod converter;Silverstar 9006 bulb;Axxis brake pads;Stewart water pump;Zionville autosport radiator

Registered Member

Yes | No

Sweet! Now I'm legal to drive in Germany...

I passed the test this morning (it really wasn't too hard). Next step: Oktoberfest. BMW Welt will be in the mix, too...and hopefully the Nurburgring.

Oh...I guess I have to fit in some work in there...stupid work, always interferes with my vacation plans...

MikeinNH

Yes | No

Make sure you try the Paulaner Oktoberfest Bier...

One of my consistent favorites... Their lager is good, too...

Registered Member

Yes | No

Going to Munich Monday...I'll get some there

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information