+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

steven69green

Yes | No

2005 645ci performance modifications

I would like to know what are best performance modifications out there for the six coupe. Chip? exhaust? air intake? software upgrade? Sprint Booster[ i appreciate recent opinion by Cobradav].Cobradav any suggestions for my silver-gray 2005 645 coupe. Thank You

Registered Member
    Member No: 107311 cobradav is an unknown quantity at this point cobradav's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: 2005 645ci performance modifications

Hard to get measurable gains on BMW NA engines in first place. They seem to get the most out of them, safely, as is. Lots of claims out there and I did a comparison of the chippers, way back. Kind of hard to put it here but I will try when I return from my trip to ToD next week. I no longer travel with computer these days and will be having too much fun to do much surfing on iPhone.

But in a nut shell, a chip, air intake and exhaust all combined ought to net an honest 20-30 hp and similar torque gain. I never felt it was very good bang for the buck so never got past the investigation stage.

My next mod will be an F12 with TTV8 and hopefully DCT tranny. At least there I know I can get an easy 20-25% gain by chip/software. Of course that may be necessary just to keep up with the weight gain.

_______
    US '05 645 Coupe|Silver Grey|Chateau|Sport|Logic 7|HUD|Cold Pkg|SAT|AUX|BT w/ snap-in adapter|MP3|V1|CIP 31.00.00

www.bimmerdrivers.com

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information