evenly as it is. The most critical aspect of keeping tread on the tires after alignment and balance are indeed tire pressure. I actually run lower tire pressure than recommended. I run 32lbs in the front and 34lbs in the rear. 245.45.17 front, 275.40.17 rear. Of course if you buy the ultra high performance summer tires , pump them up, and drive it like you stole it, the tires will wear away almost immediately. I purchased 2 sets of michelin pilot sports (they lasted 7,000 miles rear and 14,000 miles front)I finally wized up deciding I would rather spend money elsewhere than on tires.

Since I am not a racing driver and my e39 540 sport 6 speed is NOT a race car and most of the time I can't drive the car near it's limits anyway, I started looking for different tires and wear solutions. I finally landed on ultra high performance all season tires. If it snows around here I simply don't drive, if it's really slick out I throw 4 100 lb bags of sand in the old van on get where I need to so no need here for me to purchase winter wheels and tires. The all season allow an amazing amount of flexibility, driveability, wet / dry, summer / winter grip, response, and longevity.

Currently I have the Hankook Ventus 4V ES tires and so far they are great, in fact the best tire I have ever had on any BMW.

I thought about camber plates but really don't need them. I did need to adjust OUT all the negative camber I could and did with no regrets.

Of course you will have to find a special allignment shop that will step outside the box or do it yourself. It's not difficult to do with a straight edge and a camber gauge.