+ Reply to Thread
    Roger 89/750iL

Yes | No

She keeps bucking me off!

Hello all,
    Been visiting this website since I got her 9 yrs ago.
    1989 750iL, 147k, still looks beautiful. Starts up just fine but after a few minutes she goes crazy!..runs really rough, backfires, coughing and sputtering, real hard shifts, almost dying if I come to a red light. This goes on until I run the snot out of her for a bit and then she smooooths out and will run perfect for the rest of the time. All the symptoms go away. It always takes place like that. Put new cats/sensors in but she was doing that before the cats. Now I just don't have the can of marbles sound anymore. She used to be a daily driver for about 7 years but now she just gets out once in awhile. Probably why the cats went bad. Sounds like she's starving for fuel...put 2 new fuel filters on just because...she doesn't care...still has her moments. Not sure what to do from here. Eliminates a few things since she does start playing real nice after a couple of S3 runs. Some kind of sensor?...vacuum leak?..some ideas would be great.
    Thanks,
    Roger 89/750iL

MikeS '90 750iL

Yes | No

Re: She keeps bucking me off!

I would think if it was a vaccum leak the problem would be there regardless. You didn't say if you had a check engine light or not or had checked for fault codes. Checked fuel pressure? That should be the first order of business. Also, how old is your battery? Many electrical gremlins start with an old weak battery.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information