+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Registered Member
    Member No: 123011 hpy540 is an unknown quantity at this point hpy540's Avatar

Yes | No

Removed HPS airbag W/O remov dash, jim cash

OK i got the HPS drivers airbag out without removing dash or breaking anything. slight modification to fiberglass portion of dash that is hidden by a pillar trim. a little bit of tugging and it came out.

Ok the one that i have for a replacement has a orange plug instead of a yelow one. i know all yellow plus are airbag system. The PN on the bag that i have is 8482176237 or the last digit could be a 2 and the other number on it is 981323110890 it is supposidly out of a 2003 525 vin wbadt43423g034254the charge cyliner seems to be totaly different and the plug( the harge cylinder on the new one is short and stubby and the 2001 M5 one is long and cadnium plated). the 2001 plug has yellow wire and a blue wire with white stripe. the new bag has a red wire and a white wire. I am thinking they gave me the wrong bag. the tag says RR roof sdn.

AThe BTS yellow plug in is tampered with but not blown. I was measureing resistance adn voltage on this piece and the only htin i get is some resistance when everyhting is on and coming from the two 20 ga black wires withthe yellow plug. probably sensing the bag system. this could account for the battery unplug code.

any thoughts would be appreciated. 01 540i6 Nav SSR GT3 Shadow, rear wing((NE1 want this) CDV delete, M5 front bumper (cuz the last one was damaged)

Registered Member

Yes | No

wiring schematic help

I am in need of a wiring diagram to tell which wire is the control and which is the ground. They are for the curtain airbags. Unfortunately I have to shrink wrap and solder 1 connector as it is gone I have 2001 M5 VIN wbsde93481bz97995 BLUE YELLOW STRIPE wire and yellow wire. And the airbag is out of the
    2003 525 Vin WBADT43423G0424 red wire and white wire.
    01 540i6 Nav SSR GT3 Shadow, rear wing((NE1 want this) CDV delete, M5 front bumper (cuz the last one was damaged)

Registered Member
    Member No: 34785 bmw93 is an unknown quantity at this point bmw93's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: HID question

I have a bad ballast that you can have. Pigtail and all. Let me know.

2000 540i/6 7/99 Production Date

Registered Member

Yes | No

Re: HID question

Where are you located? Email me [email protected] 540i6 Nav SSR GT3 Shadow, rear wing((NE1 want this) CDV delete, M5 front bumper (cuz the last one was damaged)

Registered Member

Yes | No

TTT

TTT01 540i6 Nav SSR GT3 Shadow, rear wing((NE1 want this) CDV delete, M5 front bumper (cuz the last one was damaged)

Registered Member
    Member No: 4328 jimlev will become famous soon enough jimlev will become famous soon enough jimlev's Avatar

Yes | No

Not sure I can provide what you are looking for (m

The VIN for the '03 525i doesn't come up...typo in your post above?

Mark L

Yes | No

Re: Not sure I can provide what you are looking for (m

I got the correct arbag and it is installed. i did it without removing the dash. now i just have he figure out the BST or see if i can get just a replacement with out spendng $350. Also i could use a HID bulb or what the model of the bulb is. for post facelift car.

Mark L

Yes | No

Wiring schematic Ibus short

OK i go thte side bag done. soldered andn shrink tube the correct plug on it. Now for the ibus short. in the trunk there is not a maroon plug in for the CD changer like on my 540. what i do have is a small pigtail with three wires in it and no plastic plug for retaining poosition on the wires. . One is white with yellow dashes one is red with green stripe and one is brown what would the plug in be fro? I am assuming the changer. Can i just get the plug? Will the ibus short clear if it is not to ground? I found a unopened DVD changer in the trunk and i am assuming the guy before me had a DVD player in it. NOthing else seems to be cut. I have a frined ciming up from Madison tomorrow with a different Launch tool to see what coded are in it now. Any ideas?

Mark L

Yes | No

Paging jim cash

"You either have a faulty climate control unit - or individual problems on those components that are generating the codes." would this be the case if the climate control is not coded to the car?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

" do not know what that "battery unplug" code is but if at any time you turned on the ignition switch while one of the air bag circuits or components was disconnected then you get a code and the warning lamp"

WOUld the be a result of the BST being unpluged?

Registered Member
    Member No: 175547 JimCash is an unknown quantity at this point JimCash's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Wiring schematic Ibus short

The I bus uses the white wire with yellow dashes.

It has appearances throughout the car.

Cheers
    Jim Cash

Mark L

Yes | No

Launch x431 @ my house now

The wiring in bak must be for the cd changer I found it on my 540 and seems pretty simple. I just need a plug. i was attempting to recode some stuff withthe launch x431. It did the LCM no problem. i cannot figure out the radio. i says ground to earth. it worked before i chaged the wheel. i pulled that again and no issues there.

Also i did a graph on the IHKA and i can see percentages of flow for the flaps and fresh air intakes. I can hear them wokring when i adjust them with the controll in the car and i can pik them up on the Launch interface. Blower still wont work. i shows varying voltage to it.

Also head airbag wont clear.

Thoughts ............???

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information