+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 183077 johnkorz is an unknown quantity at this point johnkorz's Avatar

Yes | No

Wheel Problem

Everyone:

I have a new set of TSW wheels and tires. I have a vibration at 50 mph that subsides after I pass through 50 mph. I also have the same vibration at 50 mph when slowing down. The wheels have been rebalanced using road force machine. Any ideas?

John

bonzo

Yes | No

Re: Wheel Problem

What size tire and wheels? Are you useing hubcentric rings? Is the off-set correct? If you are not useing hubcentric rings, you may need to, they will center the wheel exactly where they need to be on the hubs. If the wheel is not exactly centered you will get high speed shimmy.

John

Yes | No

The wheels are 17-inch TSW wheels and have were purchased online from discount tire direct. The rings came with the tires however, the installer claimed they are not needed. Any ideas?

Big Dog

Yes | No

We also have TSW wheels on our e34 and most of them are made for the e39 which has a centering hub that is about 2mm larger than the e34 so they make the wheels to match the larger hub. You WILL need the small aluminum centering ring to make it fit exactly.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information