+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 81808 catdaddylong is an unknown quantity at this point catdaddylong's Avatar

Yes | No

Inspection II

OK, I got a garage queen. Got 2 other vehicles so the Z doesn't get driven much. I'm going to make my annual oil and filter change tomorrow because it has been a year since I changed it. I still have 3 green lights and 41K miles on the clock. When the last of the green light go out I plan on doing a Inspection II but only driving my Z 2 - 3K miles a year it's going to be a while. Hoses and belts seem fine and I do change the brake fluid and antifreeze by the recommended time frames. Would you wait until the green lights go out or go ahead and have a Inspection II done due to the long time frame?

Cat2000 Z3 2.3
    2005 Lexus ES330
    2008 Lexus RX350

Registered Member
    Member No: 129783 kostverloren is an unknown quantity at this point kostverloren's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Inspection II

If you regularly stay on top of preventative maintenance chores with your garage queen, you can wait till you reach the 60K mark. That being said, there are two issues with the Z that could be problematic before you reach that latter stage; the water pump and the radiator upper hose neck are weak spots that can fail on you no matter how dilegent you are. Additionally, coolant,transmission, brake and differential fluids should be changed if they haven't been by the 40K mark. Kostverloren

Registered Member
    Member No: 161294 NC02Z3 is an unknown quantity at this point NC02Z3's Avatar

Yes | No

You are doing all the fluids that should be done so you should be good to go, plus you are checking the hoses and belts. You'll be fine for years and years most likely.2002 Z3 3.0 Topaz Blue

Registered Member
    Member No: 81808 catdaddylong is an unknown quantity at this point catdaddylong's Avatar

Yes | No

Water pump was changed out under warranty on a recall when car was just a couple of years old.

Cat2000 Z3 2.3
    2005 Lexus ES330
    2008 Lexus RX350

Registered Member
    Member No: 129783 kostverloren is an unknown quantity at this point kostverloren's Avatar

Yes | No

Well then the WP is probably the up level one, but there's no way of telling w/o pulling it.Kostverloren

Registered Member

Yes | No

Thermostat

My bad. It was not the water pump but the thermostat that was replaced under a recall for my 2000 Z. But you are right, I plan on having the water pump replaced around the 60K mile mark if it makes it that long.

Cat2000 Z3 2.3
    2005 Lexus ES330
    2008 Lexus RX350

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information