+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 183472 wiseriver is an unknown quantity at this point wiseriver's Avatar

Yes | No

Z3 M Roadster "Cat Back" Exhaust - suggestions

Hi, Am looking to purchase a cat-back exhaust for my 2000 M Roadster. I know there are several different makes out there ( Dinan, Remus, Supersprint, Eisemann ). Any one have some suggestions on which one to get? Prices vary by several hunderd dollars.... and not sure if the more expensive ones are worth it or not. Most state that the increase HP is in the range of 8-9HP. What has been your experience, if you installed one? Thanks in advance... Ron

Registered Member
    Member No: 81808 catdaddylong is an unknown quantity at this point catdaddylong's Avatar

Yes | No

Supersprint

I bought the Supersprint when my Z was less than a year old. I like the sound which is much better than the OEM exhaust. The sound is mellow and is not obnoxious at highway speed but is quite nice when accelerating on the entrance ramps to a freeway. I don't know if there is any HP increase other than what you feel in your seat if you get my drift. I do know that it is much lighter than the OEM. I had a muffler shop install it for me.

Cat2000 Z3 2.3
    2005 Lexus ES330
    2008 Lexus RX350

Registered Member
    Member No: 56117 bsrsystems is an unknown quantity at this point bsrsystems's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Z3 M Roadster Cat Back Exhaust - suggestions

I have the SuperSprint and love it. It is expensive, but look around, there are deals. My goal was a decent sound that didn't overpower you while cruising. Tested the Remus and a few others and found them all to loud at cruising speed. FWIW.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information