+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 118349 dlpweb3 is an unknown quantity at this point dlpweb3's Avatar

Yes | No

ignition switch problem

Had the 'spinning key" this morning and car would not turn off till I disconnected the connector from the ignition switch. Assumed it was the switch (electrical part) but that seems to be fine - problem looks like a mechanical problem in the cast lock assembly.

Got the assembly off the car - can't get the lock cylinder off to see inside, but probably need a new assembly.

In the meantime, wanted to simply actuate the ignition switch with a short screwdriver.

Unfortunately, car powers up but will not run the starter motor. And, of course, can't get my TIS to load up, so am fishing in the dark.

Violet and black/yellow get battery voltage in 'start' (using screwdriver) -- so probably there is something else in the driveaway protection circuit that is preventing the starter solenoid from firing.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm ready for dynamite.

Registered Member
    Member No: 147626 94583 is an unknown quantity at this point 94583's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: ignition switch problem

yea...connect the ews ring up and place the key in between the ring. remember, you have to "trick" the ews module that the key is in place

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information