+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 77082 ToBluZ4 is an unknown quantity at this point ToBluZ4's Avatar

Yes | No

Battery Warning Light

My battery warning light started coming on when first starting 2003 Z4. After a short time the light would go out. Since its about 7 years old I decided it was time to replace the battery. So I had the battery replaced at Sears. After start up to take it home the warning light didn't come home. Now, however, the light has returned but goes out after driving a short distance. Can anyone provide any info on this problem?

Thanks
    Bill2.5i Toledo Blue, Beige Leather, Black Top, Pre. Pack, Auto. Wood Trim- The First State

Registered Member
    Member No: 142364 filmy is an unknown quantity at this point filmy's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Battery Warning Light

Sounds like a failing alternator to me - maybe only the regulator inside, though.

Registered Member

Yes | No

Thanks for the reply. I'll have it checked.2.5i Toledo Blue, Beige Leather, Black Top, Pre. Pack, Auto. Wood Trim- The First State

1234bmw

Yes | No

i am havind the same problem on my 04 z4...had battery and alternator both checked and they are fine ??????

1234bmw

Yes | No

Registered Member

Yes | No

I also had the alternator and charging system checked, no problem found. I'm thinking it might be a sensor. The battery icon comes on about ten seconds after I start the car in the morning, stays on for about ten seconds, then goes out. It doesn't come on again during following starts for the day.2.5i Toledo Blue, Beige Leather, Black Top, Pre. Pack, Auto. Wood Trim- The First State

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information