+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 183952 videofrankb is an unknown quantity at this point videofrankb's Avatar

Yes | No

NEED HELP...Shopping for a used convertible HELP!

Hello everyone.

I was a member of Roadfly years ago when I had a 540, a 328 convertible and 2 less kids. I loved that convertible. Now I'm thinking of buying another one. I always wanted an M3 convertible, so why not! I'm thinking of getting one between 2003-2006, SMG, w/nav, and cold weather package. So what do I need to know? Is there a year I should avoid? Known issues I should know about?

Let me have it!!!!

EricPDX-M3

Yes | No

Re: NEED HELP...Shopping for a used convertible HELP!

Not sure what the kids' ages are but child seats won't work in the convertible's rear seats.

Ted

Yes | No

Re: NEED HELP...Shopping for a used convertible HELP!

I've got a 2003 Cab and have been toting my now 6 and 10 year olds around since December 2002, when they were 3 and not yet arrived...

Britax worked fine, then Greco boosters...

Registered Member
    Member No: 138467 Everett is an unknown quantity at this point Everett's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Shopping for a used convertible HELP!

My thoughts are:
    I would stay away from SMG - not really needed for a 'vert - are you going to track it? I don't think so, so why have it?
    NAV, if your driving locally, why have it?
    Same with Cold Weather Pkg - really need it?

However, if the 'vert you see and strikes your fancy and the options come with it, then go for it, they come with the car, not much you can do about it.

One thing to check is the headliner - make sure the elastic strips are not worn out and lost their s-t-r-e-t-c-h.
    When checking headliner, check for droopy headliner above rear seat headrests - signifies rollbar(s) have been extended - accident?
    Try all accessories making sure they work.
    Flip through the OBC to check gas mileage and avg speed - this will tell alot about the car usage.
    If over 60K miles, ask if Insp #2 has been done.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information