+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 183038 GadgetNutt is an unknown quantity at this point GadgetNutt's Avatar

Yes | No

Seat belt question

I have searched and searched and have not been able to find my answer.

I have a 2002 540iA.

The rear seat belts have and issue.
    The drivers side will extend slowly if I pull it over and over very slowly.
    The passengers side will not extend at all. I can not figure out how to gain access to the reel to see if it is possible to correct this problem.

I would be very grateful for any insight and suggestions.

Thanks, Mark

'02 540iA Sport
    Black Sapphire Metallic/Sand Beige

Registered Member
    Member No: 175547 JimCash is an unknown quantity at this point JimCash's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Seat belt question

When you are pulling them to extend them are they at the full retracted position or have they been already partially been pulled out?

Reason I ask is that they both have a "child seat lock" feature that activates if the belt is fully extended. Then when you allow it to retract a certain amount it will not pull out further again untill you allow it to fully retract. This allows them to hold a child seat in position.

However it does sound like there may be a problem with both reels. Getting at them is tricky.
    If you do not have fold down rear seats then you have to remove the seat bottom and back.
    If you do have folding seats then you have to remove the seat bottom and the side bolsters.

Then you have to remove the trim around the package shelf including the panels in the C pillars.

The package shelf has to come out and that is fastened underneath in the trunk. If you have the subwoofer it must also come out.

Even when you can get to the reels there is not much you can do. I have looked at them and I do not think it is possible to open them without damage - but I have not tried and others may have better knowledge of this.

Cheers
    Jim Cash

Registered Member
    Member No: 153102 cn90 is on a distinguished road cn90's Avatar

Yes | No

Here you go, I wrote this a while back. Enjoy

Delete the hyphen to see the link:

http://www.b---immerfest.com/forums/....php?p=4004895

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information