+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Craig in Canada
    , ,

Yes | No

What problem is that causing?

Inability to move at all? Lack of proper memory recall? Lack of automatic "entry" up/down movement?

I have a problem when the automatic entry doesn't like to work in cold weather, but works fine all summer. If it's really on the fritz, manual movement might not work either but usually a double-tap of the control will bring it back to life. Often nothing seems mechanically jammed, it just doesn't respond to control properly.

Registered Member
    Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Member No: 146482 300Kkms325e is an unknown quantity at this point 300Kkms325e's Avatar
    Yes | No

Re: What problem is that causing?

Mine could be related to yours but not sure mine did have prior intermittent total memory loss, for as long as I can remember (5 yrs at least) never really bothered me as after reset (car going to sleep after 15 mins shutdown)it always functioned ok again.
    But last year the tilt (declination) of the steering wheel stopped functioning all together.There are some old posts here of that from me but never got a solution yet am still working it as time and weather permit (kind of cold now in garage)LOL.
    Tilt Motor is good, memory module is good, switch I believe is also good but have only 2 volt at the signal wire.
    So the chafing of wiring under the seat could be my culprit after all.

Jan/1998 528i, 5 spd manual, black on black non DSP.>300Kkms(180Kmiles) non-Sport, lowered with KONI FSD & Eibach springs in 2008, added "Bad Road package Adapters" to front only Dec 2009.
    My previous rides worth mentioning:1970 GTO "The Judge",1985 325e M3lite, Euro BMW +
    1998 323Ti, in Munich, Germany on the autobahn for 1 yr
    Now back in Halifax, Nova Scotia,via Ottawa Canada.

User Level 8
    San Jose, CA, United States
    Member No: 21320 edjack will become famous soon enough edjack's Avatar
    Yes | No

Thanks much for the feedback. There are many>>

on these forums who do not share their solutions. I'd call that selfish.
    Ed in San Jose. BMW CCA member since 1987 (Nr. 62319). Golden Gate Chapter. '97 540i 6 speed. Build Date 3/97. Aspensilber over Aubergine leather.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information