+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 23375 Gans will become famous soon enough Gans's Avatar

Yes | No

drove a new 528 & MB 350 AWD

I absolutely hated the 2011 528. It has crappy audio, I-drive, handled terribly.Run flats. The MB was much nicer. It is really a consideration

Jay Gans 2000 528 MT Non-sport.Titanium Silver, Grey Leather. Premium Package, Cold Weather, Fold down seats. Oct 99 production.ash try mod so not bone stock. CD changer. Garmin C510 Nav..Honda CH150D scooter

Registered Member
    Member No: 30282 dsalinas is on a distinguished road dsalinas's Avatar

Yes | No

Not surprised about the audio. BMW can't seem to

design a decent sounding stereo system. It's not that difficult. And if it had run flats, then again I'm not surprised it didn't handle too well. If I were in the market for a new car, I would test drive both of those myself. The MB E350 sure looks sweet.

jet black 2000 528iA
    sport premium package
    MB Quart speakers
    two Alpine amps
    MTX subwoofer
    AudioControl equalizer
    Dice interface for iPod
    BMW CCA member

Steve

Yes | No

Re: drove a new 528 & MB 350 AWD

BMW seems to be going a different direction. I test drove the 2011 535i twice and had a similar reaction both times. Run flats are horrible. The handling was nothing like an Ultimate Driving Machine. How sad.

I went to the San Francisco car show yesterday. The new 5 series is larger (looked as big as the old 7 and looks just like the new 7.) It weighs 3 or 4 HUNDRED pounds more than the E39.

All the more reason to maintain and savor our precious E39s. We may have the best BMW sedan ever built.

I wouldn't want a F10 if it were free compared to my E39. Maybe the new 3 series will be more of a driver-oriented car. Based on the increase in the size of the 5 series, the new 3 series may be as big as the E39. Otherwise, I have owned my last BMW. How sad.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information