+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    cmyachtie

Yes | No

Only thing i'd be concerned about is age

Can't seem to find my links on this but I posted something on this back some time ago.
    Tires older than 10 yrs can be unsafe, check the code on the side for year of manufacture.

Good luck

Craig in Canada

Yes | No

Re: When slipping, which way does the rear kick out?

I don't doubt your story in the slightest. I just wonder what the explanation would be for why a platform which is so planted in wet/dry would slip so easily on ice. I mean, while PARKED what could be so different about an E39 that causes it to do a Clark Griswold down the hill on its own?

In snow, I could understand that the wider-than-average (not really any more, everyone is going wide) tires would compromise snow traction by floating instead of digging in. This doesn't apply on ice where wide is often desirable again (more tire sipes in contact with the ice to give the tiny bit of friction that they can).

Your account of the incident sounds funny - but only after time has passed :) Lucky there was no serious fallout other than a story. Did your buddy have security cameras? The footage would have been priceless set to some kind of waltz - the Skater's Waltz perhaps?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information