+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 183924 dorkdog is an unknown quantity at this point dorkdog's Avatar

Yes | No

Installing an inclinometer - where's a level spot?

Hi,

I'm wondering where in the cabin of my 2000 Z3 I might find a level spot? I am looking for a spot in the car that 'should' be level if all in the car is well - tires, wheels, suspension all correct. I would just park it on a level surface and experiment but am also at a loss as to where I might find a level surface to park it on, and even then what if something is already amiss?

If I can establish level I can mount a circular bubble level at the correct spot and create a level place to park the car. Trying to create a point of reference.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

dorkdog

Registered Member
    Member No: 78605 nealmann is an unknown quantity at this point nealmann's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: Installing an inclinometer - where's a level spot?

Take a level with you to a place that seems level and check it. If that place is level, then take a small level into the car with you and put it on places that appear to be level. Voila.98 Z3 1.9 ; HMS strut tower brace, antisway bars, and roll bar; Supersprint cat back exhaust; Dinan chip; Whalen Shift Machine; Strong-Strut Butt strut; FOGGED air box, Downing Atlanta Supercharger.

Registered Member
    Member No: 78605 nealmann is an unknown quantity at this point nealmann's Avatar

Yes | No

Btw, you can purchase a small round level that I use in my camper to determine when it is level and you could use that inside the car rather easily. It has a bubble in the liquid that has to be centered in the circle for something to be level.98 Z3 1.9 ; HMS strut tower brace, antisway bars, and roll bar; Supersprint cat back exhaust; Dinan chip; Whalen Shift Machine; Strong-Strut Butt strut; FOGGED air box, Downing Atlanta Supercharger.

Registered Member
    Member No: 183924 dorkdog is an unknown quantity at this point dorkdog's Avatar

Yes | No

That's exactly what I was thinking - but how to determine that the four points where the wheels touch is a level starting point is beyond me. How do I find a place the size of the car that is indeed level?

Registered Member

Yes | No

If you had one of those like six foot long levels you could get a pretty good idea if the spot you wereparked on waas level. Lay it one direction and the the other. the floor of a building with no drains in the floor should be a good starting point.98 Z3 1.9 ; HMS strut tower brace, antisway bars, and roll bar; Supersprint cat back exhaust; Dinan chip; Whalen Shift Machine; Strong-Strut Butt strut; FOGGED air box, Downing Atlanta Supercharger.

Registered Member
    Member No: 56117 bsrsystems is an unknown quantity at this point bsrsystems's Avatar

Yes | No

Just curious. Why are you installing an inclinometer on your cxar

Bad Email Address on File
    Member No: 128020 Carlin96M44 is on a distinguished road Carlin96M44's Avatar

Yes | No

I always use a level when r&r fluid from the

trany and differential...check the ground where you will be working with the level then put the level on the door frame scuff plate, compare. Next jack the car and level it using the compared level findings.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information