+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 183924 dorkdog is an unknown quantity at this point dorkdog's Avatar

Yes | No

Driver's seat going flat?

Hi all,

I notice lately that there seems to be space between the leather seat and the padding underneath. Not uncomfortable but not right either. I can press down on the 'bubble' in the seat (about 4" across) and after 1/4" to 1/2" of travel it hits the padding.

In my long-deceased 1980 320i I learned that those seats wrere filled with hair? I had to have the seats on that car reupholstered (the vinyl was fine but there was an increasing amount of brown, crumbly fiber on the floor) and once done, it was comrfortable again.

Anyone else have this with a Z3? The car ohasn't even really been broken in yet (39K miles) and the passenger seat is fine so I am assuming it's a filling problem?

Any thoughts? This forum is great and I thank everyone for all the help so far. As I learn more about my Z I hope to be abkle to answer questions rather than to ask them.

thank you

Dorkdog

User Level 8
    Member No: 6602 fredr is on a distinguished road fredr's Avatar

Yes | No

Z seats use foam for padding.

With standard seats the foam is attached to the leather seat covers and not available separately. With sport seats the foam is separate. The following link is to a site that has all the parts. http://www.realoem.com/bmw/select.do?vin=&kind=P&series=Z3&body=roa&model=Z3+1.9&zone=USA&prod=19960300&arch=0IconFile=http://www.realoem.com/favicon.ico
    Fred
    96 1.9 Z3 black/tan/black
    97 M3/4 estoril/gray
    08 Kubota 3400 HST orange/charcoal
    08 GMC Sierra stealth gray/gray

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information