+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Registered Member
    Member No: 94220 Bimmer5Michael is an unknown quantity at this point Bimmer5Michael's Avatar

Yes | No

10 dollar aluminum part...WHERE?!!!!!

Out of 4 no leaks so far but we dont have any of those cars any more. They are local and with friends so I am sure we would have heard of it.

I cant stand all the plastic crap in thes cars. I just purchased that cover under my car from the dealer for 44.00, will put it on this weekend.

We did find one of the aluminum manifolds slightly warpped and I sent it back to BAV auto, the replacement sat flat on a flat serface, and torqued perfectly. I torqued according to bolt size instead of the spec in the Bentley.

And you are right and for the same reason I have not bought a Zionsville radiator. If it lasts 60K miles and cost 120.00 it's far less than the aluminum radiator for sure. But did I mention I HATE all the plastic crap in thes cars. If I kee the car I can probably see a Zionsville in there eventually. Problem is I dont even drive the car 4,000 miles per year now so it will tak a looooooooong time to put 60 k on this radiator. Of course it is plastic just sitting is probably enough to make it fail.
    Michael - Chattanooga Tennessee
    BMWCCA 65795

00 540 Sport / 6 speed, SaharaBeige Metallic / SamanaBeige II Montanna Leather, 35% tint, Xenons, DSP, CD Changer, Auto dimming rear view mirror, rain sensing wipers, fold down rear seat, Style 32 staggard wheels, Hankook Ventus V4 ES 245/45/WR17/95W Fronts and 275/40/WR17/98W Rears. 152,900 Smiles and climbing!

08 Harley Davidson Sportster 1200 C Anniversary Edition Number 0064/3200 Copper and Vivid Black (FOR SALE)
    16,800 miles

2006 GMC Sierra SLT all options

1988 GMC Safari 400,000 miles plus and still going

Other BMWs hanging around usually needing attention
    06 E90 330i sport pkg +all options
    98 E36 328i 5 speed Sport/Premium PKG
    00 e46 323ia Premium Pkg
    04 X3 sport/premium 3.0 six speed (back again)

Eurodavid

Yes | No

michael, click my link belwo plastic vs alu; $10

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information