+ Reply to Thread
    Registered Member
    Member No: 24079 ldye is an unknown quantity at this point ldye's Avatar

Yes | No

135 m sport question

Does anyone know if the lower height of this pkg effects the ride vs the regular sport pkg? Which of these packages would have lighter wheels of either? I'm looking a getting the wife a car and would be buying it without being able to test drive prior to purchase. Either option is available and I like what comes in the M sport. For the money it looks like a great deal.

Tom K.

Yes | No

Re: 135 m sport question

According to the BMWUSA website, the only differences between the SP & M-SP are the headliner and 18" wheels vs. 17". The suspensions are the same for all 135i models and since the overall tire diameters are similar, why would one be lower?

Tom

Registered Member
    Member No: 7754 rogbmw is an unknown quantity at this point rogbmw's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: 135 m sport question

According to the latest information, the 1M has the 3 series M suspension. Front and rear tracks are almost 3 inches wider than the standard 1.Alpina B12 5.0

Registered Member
    Member No: 11819 hollysmac is on a distinguished road hollysmac's Avatar

Yes | No
    The M sport is different from my 1m. If he goes to the BMWUSA site he can see whether the ride height is lowered and what comes with the M sport. You may have to hunt in the build your own car. Before I got my 1m I was looking at the competition M3 and it was mentioned there. It shouldn't adversely effect the ride. The seats alone are worth it. BTW there is no longer an sp package. It will be a very nice car and BMW usually does tweak their suspensions on the M-sp models. Does anyone out there have one. They would know more than those of us who have other models. just went to another forum and the quote below was from the brochure.
    s
    " The M Sport chassis is lowered by 0.6" for tighter handling when cornering and a more aggressive look". This definately wouldn't degrade the ride.

Holly
    Valencia Orange 1M
    Topaz z3 3.0
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 76.180.171.95

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information