+ Reply to Thread
    Nyguy

Yes | No

Bavarian Autosport Performance Chips-E32

Anyone have experience with these chips.

Registered Member
    Member No: 14327 Highline is an unknown quantity at this point Highline's Avatar

Yes | No

which engine, which Motronic # by Bosch?

I have my own ones, for the M70 Motronic -156 and also for the 352, also for the 1.3 M30 as well as the 1.1 M30Shogun E32 Tech Tips: http://twrite.org/shogunnew/topmenu.html

Nyguy

Yes | No

M70 performance chips

It is for the M70

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330507357440&viewitem= &sspagename=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT

Registered Member
    Member No: 14327 Highline is an unknown quantity at this point Highline's Avatar

Yes | No

forget them

they do not mention:
    if it is for the Motronic with Bosch end number -156
    or
    Motronic Bosch end number -352
    How many chips do they offer?
    Note that the chips for -156 only work on the Motronic -156 and the 352 chips only work on 352.

I sell the M70 chips in a set of 3: 2 for Motronic and one for the EML computer system. The EML is important as it is responsible for the positioning of the throttling valves and idle as well as for the max. speed limiter, which is removed in my chips.
    I have them for the older pre-facelift engine with Bosch Number -156, or fior the facelift M70 engine with Bosch end number -352 and the corresponding EML chip.
    If you are interested, send me an email.Shogun E32 Tech Tips: http://twrite.org/shogunnew/topmenu.html

Registered Member
    Member No: 181035 whiteghost is an unknown quantity at this point whiteghost's Avatar

Yes | No

Don't bother as there are only 2 chips included

As our master Shogun stated, the performance EML chip is just as, if not more important than the performance chips for the ECU. The stock EML throttle maps are comical, don't give you WOT till ~4200rpm, and a large reason why the car feels lethargic.

If you really want to wake up your m70 Shogun chips are the way to go. Not only do you get 3 chips instead of 2, but his chips have an excellent reputation in the e32 community and a huge plus is that you can use regular 87 octane gas. Most of the performance chips cannot make these claims and they also require higher octane gas which makes filling up the gas tank in the 750iL, that much more painful.

As an added plus, his chips are cheaper than all of the "performance" chips out there.a sweet e30 325i & e32 735i

Nyguy

Yes | No

What about wokke chips?

Some people are using wokke chips? How do yours compare?

Registered Member
    Member No: 181035 whiteghost is an unknown quantity at this point whiteghost's Avatar

Yes | No

I have heard good things about Wokke chips as well

as I have extensively researched the chip options for the m70 myself.
    I was looking at purchasing a set of Wokke's, the big BUT is that they are more than 3x the price of Shogun's with only minimal difference.

The final point I would like to make is that Shogun relentlessly helps BMW enthusiasts on MANY BMW web boards with their problems and does not ask anything in return. He has saved many e32's from ending up in the scrap yard and/or expensive diagnosis repairs for the owners. If he produces an excellent product, the least we should do is support him.
    signed a sweet e30 327i & e32 735i + 750iL

Registered Member

Yes | No

both are excellent products

wokke has his fans mainly in the USA with the E31 850 owners, while my chips are the 'standard' performance chips among the members of the German 7-forum.
    As you know, people buy the same when they hear something is good and they are satisfied with a product they tell it, and if they are not satisfied they tell even more people. If it does not work, there are only one time buyers.
    His chips are known to be good, my ones are known to be good.
    Both since years.
    As whiteghost already mentioned, 2 Motronic chips alone are not worth to buy for the M70, you need a set of 3, that means the EML chip is one of the most important of all 3 chips.
    That it is possible to eliminate on the EML the V-max limiter is just a by-product, streets are too crowded all over the world and there are max. speed limits on almost any highways worldwide except maybe Germany.
    But the EML chip is also in charge for the positioning of the throttle valves and that makes the difference to a normal standard EML chip.
    And the difference between the wokke chips and my ones are the prices, for the set from him you have to pay US $489.00. See his offer presently on they bay.
    Item number: 320616640066 Shogun E32 Tech Tips: http://twrite.org/shogunnew/topmenu.html

Nyguy

Yes | No

Shogun Where can I buy your chip?

Registered Member

Yes | No

I sent you an email with details

Shogun E32 Tech Tips: http://twrite.org/shogunnew/topmenu.html

Registered Member

Yes | No

email returned, no such email account. send me an

email and update your email address Shogun E32 Tech Tips: http://twrite.org/shogunnew/topmenu.html

WARZAZ

Yes | No

Shogun chips

Hello,
    I am also interested in the performance chips you are building. How can I purchase them?
    Thanks, Michael
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 75.80.131.225

Registered Member
    Member No: 58057 Shogun will become famous soon enough Shogun's Avatar

Yes | No
    Michael,
    which engine do you have?
    What is the complete number on the Motronic? I need especially the Bosch number.
    For example the M70 in the E32 has 2 different Motronic.
    Older version is the Motronic end number 156 and the newer version is the Motronic end number 352.
    M30 have the M1.1 and the M1.3 Motronic, again different part numbers.
    What country version do you have? All chips work on EURO models and US spec, except the one for the M60 engine with the chip end number 404 which only works on the EURO version.
    As you are not registered on this board, I cannot send you a private message. You can contact me also via the email address shown at the bottom of my website, just skip in the email address the -AT- and -DOT- and replace it with @ and .
    I made this to avoid outomatic spammers.
    SHOGUN’s TRICKS AND TIPS FOR THE SEVEN SERIES
    http://twrite.org/shogunnew/topmenu.html
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote 223.132.77.219

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information