+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4
12-15-2010 09:18 AM #1
Replacement wheels for E60 550i 6sp Sport ? OEM?
Dealer diagnosed slow leaks on both rear tires as cracked wheels(!) and
quoted replacements at $600 EACH ! Seems to me, I could buy 4 decent
new wheels for $1200 and sell the front wheels to offset my costs.
Rear tires are 275/35 R 18, but I don't know their width/offset
(fronts are 245/40 R 18)
Are "matching" OEM wheels available aftermarket? Any suggested sources?
(assume the hub roundel pops out and can be transferred)
Any mfg suggestions for a full set of wheels of the original quality?
(Considering the weight/power of the car)
Any reason to explore "repairing" the cracked wheels?
12-15-2010 12:25 PM #2
You have lots of options
Joe, you can go several ways with this.
It looks like you have Style 124 wheels, which are fairly common on E60s. Here's some suggestions:
1. Look for someone who has a couple for sale. You may want to look here: http://forums.5series.net/forum/37-private-member-classifieds/ where there is a pretty vibrant E60 community.
2. This might be an opportunity to refresh your look. There are tons of OEM styles available as shown on this site: http://www.k-lach.net/
3. Get a second opinion from an independent tire dealer. Your BMW center may just be trying to boost their parts business.
4. If you really want to, you could find someone to fix the cracked rims, but personally, I'd explore one of the above options first.
01-01-2011 11:00 AM #3
01-14-2011 05:00 PM #4
- Laurel, MD, United StatesMember No: 90841
- Join Date
- Oct 2003
- Rep Power
Re: You have lots of options
You could also buy my fairly new set. I think I want to go with 550i wheels and tires....
Avant Garde M310 19" matte black with Hankook V12's 245/40/19 and 275/35/19 less than 200 miles with brand new sensors inside.
Email me if interested: [email protected]
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)