+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fault Code

Hybrid View

Registered Member
    Member No: 135692 kennyg54 is an unknown quantity at this point kennyg54's Avatar

Yes | No

Fault Code

Hi everyone : " Merry Christmas and a very Happy 2011" to all car enthusiasts :) My E39/S62 is throwing up a " 91 " code ( mechanic tells me this ) which apparently is " Function Oxygen Sensor Control ".......I cannot find this number fault in my trusty Bentley workshop manual ! Can anyone please help explain to me what this fault means and what do I need to ( pay for ) do to remedy it ? It causes the engine to fail to rev beyond about 3500rpm when it does occur but it is so intermittent I have had difficulty explaining the symptoms to my ( trusty ) mechanic ! Cheers from VERY WET North Queensland Australia ! :D

Inner Circle Member Inner Circle Member
    Member No: 21320
    Inner Circle ©155 since: Jul 21, 2003 edjack will become famous soon enough edjack's Avatar

Yes | No

This could very well be an M5-specific code>>

The M5 is not covered in the Bentley manual.

My guess is that there is an intermittent connection somewhere in the pre-cat sensor circuitry.
    Ed in San Jose. BMW CCA member since 1987 (Nr. 62319). Golden Gate Chapter. '97 540i 6 speed. Build Date 3/97. Aspensilber over Aubergine leather.

Registered Member
    Member No: 135692 kennyg54 is an unknown quantity at this point kennyg54's Avatar

Yes | No

Re: This could very well be an M5-specific code>>

edjack THANKS ! :) I had wondered about the limitations of my Bentley Manual but couldn't find another manual available for the S62 engine. Thanks for your thoughts though it would appear that something is going on with the O2 sensors......I may just have to take out a loan and go visit my local stealer ( who is an hour and a half's drive away as i live rural ). All the best to you and your Family for the Christmas season and the New year ! :D.........KennyG

Registered Member
    Member No: 25422 larrychew is an unknown quantity at this point larrychew's Avatar

Yes | No

Good to hear you're finaly getting some rain...

We're getting more than our share in Northern California to date but understand that this is a La Nina year and we probably won't have sufficient from now to April.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information