+ Reply to Thread
    Inner Circle Member Inner Circle Member
    Member No: 67284
    Inner Circle ©41 since: Mar 20, 2013 Viv is on a distinguished road Viv's Avatar

Yes | No

I got a great Christmas gift

from my mechanic friend! Tool boxes filled with all kinds of metric tools and goodies (that I don't already have) to fix my car. Hmmm, now I'm wondering if I'm going to have to fix it myself! Very thoughtful gift. I've already used the duct tape, electrical tape and scissors to "repair" a computer power supply problem. Woohoo!

Viv
    Northern California
    2003 530i Steel Blue Metallic /Gray leather
    AT/PP/SP/CWP/Xenon/Folding Rear Seats/Ultimate Cup Holders/Stongard Headlamp Covers/Stealth rear signal bulbs/50% tint/Saab trunk lid handle/PS2s/Aux. adapter/BMWCCA Member/With a Pink Panther on the mirror/E34('91 525i) retired

Registered Member
    Member No: 4328 jimlev will become famous soon enough jimlev will become famous soon enough jimlev's Avatar

Yes | No

Come on, where's the pics? (m)

For tools I got a few cone wrenches, a pneumatic nail gun, an oscillating sander/scraper/cutter, and a digital scale to weigh nitrous bottles when I refill them.
    Santa gave my 540 an AutoEnginuity PC based scanner.

Inner Circle ©41 since: Mar 20, 2013 Viv is on a distinguished road Viv's Avatar

Yes | No

My tools are Nothing compared to yours!

Since I'm the only person who has organized tools, I marked all mine to make sure they get returned to where they belong. I used pink chrome fingernail polish. I think that was appropriate!

Or I could have done what my friend says, "put a lock on the boxes!"

Santa was good to you!

Viv
    Northern California
    AT/PP/SP/CWP/Xenon/Folding Rear Seats/Ultimate Cup Holders/Stongard Headlamp Covers/Stealth rear signal bulbs/50% tint/Saab trunk lid handle/PS2s/Aux. adapter/BMWCCA Member/With a Pink Panther on the mirror/E34('91 525i) retired

Registered Member
    Member No: 115243 deputer is on a distinguished road deputer's Avatar

Yes | No

Congrats! I was forced to have to buy some......

new Snap-On stuff to psyche myself up to work on the 540, then I hired out the work. Now I just go out to the freezing garage and carress the damn things. I did get a chance to use some stuff changing the O2 sensors, and I will get to play with them some more when I do some grake work to the 540 and to our Suburban.

Time to wrench!!
    2002 540 6 speed, Steel Blue/Black interior, totally loaded with every option, and now with built in Stealth One/Valentine 1. 18" Staggered Privat wheels. I am loving the power again!

2003 525iT, Silver/Black, non-sport, 18" Staggered BBS RC wheels. T boned and traded away.

2000 540 6 speed, Biarritz Blue/Sand, M5 shifter, XM Radio Valentine One/Stealth One hardwired in, 17" style 5 wheels
    Sold but never forgotten.

2001 525i, stock, great car that got me hooked, sold

[IMG]][IMG]

ME_264

Yes | No

Me too! :)

In addition to a new set of struts for the 540i (wow, what a difference!), I splurged and bought an electronic torque wrench.

I went cheap and bought the craftsman 3/8". It says something when it only has a 90 day warranty (for a craftsman?) but it was 1/3rd the cost of the KD or Snap-on that I saw on E-bay.

Used it extensively over the break - awesome. Really sweet to have it beep and slip. Can't wait to use it to replace the valley pan gasket.

ME_264

Yes | No

Re: My tools are Nothing compared to yours!

My 4 kids (age 10 and below) love my tools. A lot. Often. I've used this as an excuse to buy them each a tool chest and tools to fill them. And when I come up short in my chests I replace with better knowing that they will "use" mine.

I could fight it and insist they return them or leave them alone but then they'd stop coming to the garage. As long as they wear their safety glasses they can use all the hand tools in the wood shop and the garage. I like to be there when they use the power tools - their favorite is the wood lathe which they use to make pens & pencils for their friends.

Yes | No

Very cool!

I love tools! Your kids are very lucky! I've had my own tool box for many years. Up until a couple years ago I had a long piece of cotton string in my tool box. That string must have been over 20 years old. While on a car event the rearview mirror on a fellow member's car fell off. Using that string he tied it up and was on his way. I told him he could thank my Dad for that string!

Viv
    Northern California

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information